Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
sudo-rm-rf139814d@davenall as a start yeah. one day, maybe I'll start editing stuff too
@davenall there’s actually distinct advantages to doing this.
1. You generate code that utilizes the available ISA on your cou, not just the stuff that works on 14 year old CPUs and up
2. Use flags. Don’t like systemd? Don’t compile in support and therefore don’t be forced to pull in libsystemd0. You don’t depend on things you don’t use.
There are more advantages but those are the massive ones.
Honestly, if I had a higher end CPU on my desktop I would use Gentoo. Maybe when I upgrade to a Ryzen system (using an FX processor right now)
sudo-rm-rf139814d@davenall the reason I switched is
1. it's fun
2. get's to learn a lot of stuff
3. always wanted to try it
4. try something other than systemd
5. Arch is a meme now (just kidding)
Your Job Suck?
Take a quick quiz from Triplebyte to skip the job search hassles and jump to final interviews at hot tech firms
Get a Better Job