Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
From the creators of devRant, Pipeless lets you power real-time personalized recommendations and activity feeds using a simple APILearn More
Root75106295dTwitter makes bank.
And it isn’t from ad revenue.
Root75106295d@pxeger Let’s see.
• Billions of people use Twitter.
• Those billions of people each have their own interests
• Those interests are easy to coax out of user data with analytics.
• Those interests are valuable to advertising companies.
• Automated analysis of user data makes Twitter a lucrative business model, even without ads
• Twitter adds “relevant” ads anyway to further increase margins, saying “it’s what keeps our service free” and “you are in control.”
N00bPancakes7713295dI dunno...seems nice to actually ask...
Alternatively they don't ask...
asgs9370295dDid they ask to set your gender, too?
molaram3750295d15 years later and I still don't understand why twitter exists.
vane9354295dSo you can opt out from id5 now ?