Aboutpreviously: ElsSnek, gitpull <br> some autodidactic and hyperneurotic snake in the forest.
Skillsmaster of biting and poisoning
Joined devRant on 8/24/2017
Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
!rant - Story:
I got accepted to the university of Osnabrück!
Finally! I've had a though time.
After kindergarten kids went to primary school while I had to go to a place called "Vorschule". Kids with disabilities go there. I, for one, was not physically disabled. I was psychologically disabled.
My German was not that good. My native language is Turkish. I had to spend 1 or 2 years there, before I was able to attend the primary school like the normal kids.
In the primary school a few teachers started making racist comments. I didn't really understand them, but my father did. After 2 years of attending that school, I switched to another primary school and continued with everything there.
In the secondary school (comprehensive school) I got bullied a lot. I was getting racist comments on a daily basis. Even by some teachers. Whereas some other teachers were showing it indirectly.
In the same school a teacher made me get a bad grade in one subject on purpose. Thus I got a bad certificate. Not the certificate I deserved.
I spent a year in economics after the secondary school. I was in a vocational school. I didn't like it, because I wasn't really interested in economics.
"Why did you choose that then?" you might ask. That's a legitimate question.
I didn't get accepted in anything related to informatics.
Anyways, I got bullied there, too. Physically beaten by trouble makers in my class and mentally by a french teacher.
He told me that I will not be able to get my certification that allows me to attend a university after me telling him that I will change the school and try it again in informatics. Several times.
I was in the new vocational school after that one. It was very stressful.
I, again, got bullied there. But this time not by the kids, but by some abusive teachers and directors.
One of them was a racist moron. My ex-PE teacher. He someday told me that I won't be able to achieve anything in my life.
I was always naive and kind of let all these words destroy my future plans in my head, but I had a little bit of hope nonetheless.
Today, I got a letter in which it was written that I got accepted to the university of Osnabrück!
Omg! I'm so fucking happy! I could explode! (A lil racist pun)14
S/o to this badass guy.
This was directed to the German speaking folk among us, but non-German speaking folks may use deepL translator or the Google translator.
What type of technology is used nowadays in IT companies when it comes to storing, changing, deleting and reading data?
Is SQL still a thing or is it outdated?15
The rant that is referred by another rant (https://devrant.com/rants/2154321/...) sums it up pretty well.3
Here it, finally, is, my friends!
The lazy me slowly becomes active again.
There was this forgotten python discord library completely from scratch I kept posting about many many weeks ago before the girl hunt lol.
Now that I have my mind together, I released this unfinished side project on my GitHub.
Just wanted to let you guys know that I'm in Berlin for a week.
Do you have some great locations?
We've (group of friends) already visited almost every sightseeing, the urban bar, Mercedes Platz, Matrix, an Italian restaurant, an Indian restaurant in the first days of our trip. We still have 5 days to relax here.
Today we are going to visit a multicultural carnival.11
Fucking pigeons and birds in general. They all don't want to move their asses when I drive lol.
Do they all want me to squeeze the shit out of them?!
Wtf is wrong with them?
I'm waiting for them to slowly pass by my car, but others would maybe not show the same patience.8
I've decided to stop with boxing and start with a new combination. Muay Thay with judo. Maybe I will do bjj after mastering judo, too.17
Some of you will maybe still remember my "discord library from scratch in python" project.
I am thinking about publishing the script (yes, it is only one script. I was lazy lol) on Gitlab today.3
Whenever I feel like searching for a freelancing job in python, I feel like I don't know anything and stop contacting the person who wants to hopefully - since there are retards who don't pay - pay for it.
Fucking impostor syndrome.2
I think that the time to learn sub communication has come.
I just realized why I kept failing in the previous girls' tests. Besides of that I wasn't aware that I was being tested and kept wondering why they acted in a strange way.
Thinking about to create a "self-defense mechanism" in myself that whenever I feel that I am being tested atm I am going to block it by saying that this type tests fail on me or something like that.
I am done with tests. I hate them. If she is going to keep testing me, I will show her the red card and block her from my life.
I understand that it is in the nature of women to subconsciously test men and why they do that, but tbh they shouldn't be like "Why did he leave me?" when she keeps testing him and he can't do anymore tests.
Life is full of tests. Ain't gonna need more of that shit.7
That moment when you have no sporty friends and you tryna add yourself lol.
Is anyone here who is up for sport challenges via the Samsung Health app?
PS: I was using the freeletics app a few years ago, but that wasn't helpful, too.8
Follow-up of https://devrant.com/rants/2014517/...
It took me two days to finally get my discord bot to a specific voice channel in my guild/server. It turns out that there are two gateways and one https gateway. The https gateway, the main gateway with a websocket connection and a voice gateway (with udp I guess).
Guess that I will be able to let my bot speak at the end of this week.
The documentation of the Discord API is not so good. It contains examples that won't work even if correctly modified. That is why I joined the Discord API guild/server yesterday and they helped me find the solution to the "I get no response from the voice gateway".
It is only getting more complicated, but I love it. Maybe I love hurting myself lol.4
That moment when you work the whole day to write a discord bot from scratch. No discord.py and other wrappers. Pure websockets, oauth2, https, json loads here and there. Understanding how the discord API works was a real challenge, but I did it :).
Most of my time was spent on discord's gateway connection and identification system.
The bot can renew its token, get all the guilds it is part of, all the channels and users of these guilds, send message and communicate with the gateway.
Tomorrow I will start connecting it to a voice channel and let it "speak". Thinking of combining text-to-speech with it, but I am not sure how well they are going to harmonize together.6
Such a savage! :D
PS: I am new to PycURL and love the speed improvement so far!
Got 1.9s to load the header and body info of https://www.google.com with the requests module.
BUT with PycURL I can do the same shit within 0.4s (including printing all the info on screen which also takes a little bit of time)! Holy fucking shit, mate! That's such a great tool!1
Found another type of music yesterday.
Lo-fi. It feels like it's a mixture of EDM (a little bit), Hiphop, Synthwave, Jazz and Trap.
I like it.4
That annoying situation when your fellow German school comrades and your programming teacher misspell GUI and Hack.
Instead of JEE-YOU-EYE they spell it as if it is a single word "gui". Instead of the normal way of spelling hack, they pronounce the a in the word hack weirdly. Take the pronunciation of Hackfleisch for example. Cut this word into two words. "Hack" and "Fleisch". Keep "Hack" and throw "Fleisch" away.
And there you go. That's how they spell fucking Hack.
If you take an English word or even an abbreviation, let it be fucking English and not German, you fucking retards!32
Chinese powerbanks are so fucking dangerous. Cheap price = cheap quality. Alright, I get it, but that's not my point.
Today my dad gave me his powerbank and wanted me to upgrade it.
A 50k mAh powerbank, but it is far away from 50k mAh. He bought 12 6000mAh rechargeable batteries.
Before I started replacing it and resoldering the powerbank, I decided to open up the Chinese 50k mAh battery. A lot of aluminum foils covering the batteries. That's not great. A very high chance for a short circuit to happen.
Anyways, I carefully took the aluminum cover halfway out.
I took a (plier?) with plastic handles and grabbed the pack of batteries with it to not put myself into danger.
And BOOM! A short circuit.
Btw. It smelled very weird when I took the aluminum cover off of the pack.28
Do y'all think that it (the plural version of Anime) is spelled Animes or Anime?
Asking for a friend.14
I think that the time for a new StackOverflow alternative has come.
I am fucking sick of the whole Q&A policy of it.
If you don't know what I mean...:https://sergworks.wordpress.com/201...5
Today our team got the best grade in our Windows OS presentation in English.
I have talked about the security aspect and got an A.
The other two comrades got an A and an A-.
My English teacher told me that I was perfect. That made me so fucking proud. Oh god.
I don't even know why I'm writing this lol5
- I love blowing my mind. Even if it is the most confusing thing. Things like security mechanisms, neurons' behaviors, mathematics (even tho I hate it when I fail lol), electronics, medical terminology and chemistry.
- I love collecting rare coins, personally never-seen stones and put them into my collection. I love to be a designer. Not only on my laptop. I have a book shelf and within that book shelf I put stones that create the yin yang sign while pushing the books to two sides. That makes them look like they are levitating. I have stones (including obsidian) that create a triangle and a knife hanging down the wall of my room.
- I love visiting touristic, historic, naturally-beautiful but also non-touristic (non-touristic? yes. by that I mean visiting e.g. the areas of touristic cities which are dangerous, because you can easily fall down off of a slippery ground and take serious injuries) places around the globe, talk to complete strangers in public (I am trying to be an extrovert), take pictures with my camera and collecting antiquities.
- I love taking risks (no. I don't play any poker games etc on the internet) without trying to put other people in risk. Driving insanely with whatever I have. Car, bike, you name it.
- I love reading books. Books that are about human psychology, fantasy novels and books about programming languages.
- I love to cook (I am at the beginning).
- I love to use the konMari method of tidying up my room.
- I love plants.
- I love having everything in my room tidied up (even if I am too busy with other stuff and skip this cleaning process for a week upto a month sometimes. Sorry, room.).
- I love doing sports. But mostly sport that I have never tried before. This can be, because of my greedy wish for an adrenaline kick. That led me into taking a balloon flight at 4 am (sunrise) and to paragliding at sunset above Mediterranean sea btw. (I am normally afraid of flying, but paragliding was awesome).
- I love swimming. Like, you cannot pull me out of the sea for a minimum of 2 hours, if it is not important.
- I love laying above the sea water and let the sea carry me to somewhere else.
- I love being alone. I love the silence. I love to be free in my thoughts.
- I love watching the sunset, the light that shines through the forest, the moonlight and the stars at night.
- I love dreaming. No, like, lucid dreaming for example.
- I love being open to any opinions.
- I love to learn about other people's views about the world and their religion.
- I love pets and would do anything to keep them alive when they are ill. It hurts my heart seeing them like this.
- I love watching demonic "A: Holy shit! Did you see this thing, too?! B: Yes!" YouTube videos just for the fun of it, but I hate horror movies and games.
- I love trying out new things. The creation of music and video for example.
- I love to give my hair and beard a shape, if I am too lazy to go to the barbershop lol. By that I don't mean just going to the barbershop, but taking an electric razor and cutting my hair myself even if I get bad results from time to time that can be corrected by letting any family member tell me in which area of of my head the hair problem is.
- I don't like disco clubs.
- I don't like toxic people even though I can be a quite toxic person myself without realizing it. If I appear toxic to you, inform me about it. Having so much testosterone in that moment, can make me do things that I don't want to do.
- I don't like drugs even tho I have to admit that I am trying a few from time to time (maybe 6 months in-between) to have a dopamine kick. I am not an addict.
- I hate myself for things that I did in the past.
- I used to watch MMA videos etc.
- I used to use a telescope, but I can't find it anymore.
- I used to have a microscope, but I can't find it anywhere and besides of that the seller did literally piss in it before selling it to me many years ago. Don't want to touch it tbh.
- I used to play games, but I don't enjoy games anymore. That makes me feel sad.
- I miss the old moments of my life.
I like how things went and go so far. It changed me so much. It made me a good and a bad person. I became more open and confident, but it also particularly made me a leader who can say "fuck off" in a bad way to his family. I would like to undo this particular part of me.5