AboutDev & part time computer science student
Joined devRant on 4/5/2018
Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
From the creators of devRant, Pipeless lets you power real-time personalized recommendations and activity feeds using a simple APILearn More
- Am a junior dev in an awesome team & exciting project after my apprenticeship and while having just started my part time studies
- Have restructure in company so I land in an other value stream
- Get laid off by new value stream 6 months later (now) because they have a serious budget cut
- Take time to come to terms with situation. I could finally work more on my side projects or focus a bit more on my studies. Hey actually I will have 5 months time to look for something while being paid by the company and they help me brush up my CV. Pretty neat!
- Now my former boss wants me back because of my experience in the project, but only as a production support and not as dev (because budget and they're bleeding with tickets)
Not sure if I should take the offer as it feels safe to have an income and the team is cool. However, it feels a bit like a degradation as prod support sucks in that project and I'd like to code (which wouldn't be possible then).
And as this is still my first company I'm working in, it would make sense to look for something else...
Grrr need to sleep about it... Decision-making isn't exactly my strength.8
Old rant here. Took place ~2 years ago and just remembered it recently:
For some reason our company decided to disable incognito mode in Chrome... Wtf, who comes up with that shit?!
Our team has different certificates to test our application and therefore the private mode comes in quite useful. Otherwise you would need to close and reopen all browser instances again.
At least, after a shitstorm from various teams they unblocked incognito again.6