Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
p100sch646188dI would most certainly wait with your decision until you have other offers. They take you any time, so no rush on that end. After knowing your actual situation, you can show them what you deserve and negotiate from there. By the way, having a capsule machine and having to buy your own is much better than only having one coffee brand, without the option to use your own. Just sayin.
Fast-Nop22177188dJust say yes for now and keep searching. If you find something better, tell them you have received a better offer and that they need to be competetive, or you'll take the other offer.
Headhunting is a problem for companies that underpay their devs, and if they do that, they have to know the downsides of their payment plan.
Also, you likely have a probation period where both sides can cancel the contract with just two weeks of notice.
exceptionalGuy2143186d@Fast-Nop can't do that. The company will spend a lot of money on me (apparently) to convert my student visa to employee visa so I have a moral commitment to stay there for a year atleast. That's that they tell me. And there's no probationary period because I've already worked 5 months as an intern.
p100sch646186d@exceptionalGuy In that case just think about what you want to do in the future and if the conclusion is at least "definitely not working at that company" you simply move on and start the search for what you really like to do. If your colleges get offended by that, than be it. If they are that only means that they weren't worth staying for anyway.