Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
I thought I didn't need a long answer, but here we go.
1) He helped develop Excel while he was at Microsoft.
2) After leaving Microsoft, he went back to New York and created his startup. He came up with a brilliant idea: If they became the best place for programmers to work at, the best programmers would be daydreaming about working there. He is one of the people responsible for most of the perks and benefits for programmers, like having free snacks and nice private offices.
3) He cofounded stackoverflow. (No need for further explanation on this)
4) He has been advising programmers and startup founders for over two decades on his blog, books and talks.
5) He seems like a really smart and nice guy.
10Dev4My dev role model is the guy who starts every file with this
caffeineNcode10Definately Linus Torvalds "Software is like sex; it's better when it's free" "Computer is like an air condi...
arfro5My boyfriend, actually. But I value the human aspect more than the tech genius in fairness. He may be no Linus...