Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
wiwe221057629dOne skill I've definitely accuired over the years is reading Res flags in job listings
- asking for an entire it dep in 1 job opening --> everything will slowly become your problem, and you ain't getting time to fix it.
- Asking for years of experience instead of skill level --> high chance of co-workers with a b
Smooth talk I stead of solid Dev skills
- junior pay for senior role --> being structurally underpaid because the company isn't viable
- anything that sounds like "work hard, play hard" --> your expected to do an unreasonable amount of work and in return you get a pizza party
- asking for flexible people without being flexible themselves --> overtime when it suits them, but still not being able to pickup your child from school in an emergency
- getting an offer almost immediately based on your resume --> last dev left a dumpster fire, and they are desperate for someone to put it out
Yes. Engineers are treated as cogs in this industry.
No one would tell an electrical engineer how to build a substation, but *everyone* has an opinion on our shit.
I'm still of the opinion we shouldn't have let most people on the internet. It was way nicer in the before time.