Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
From the creators of devRant, Pipeless lets you power real-time personalized recommendations and activity feeds using a simple APILearn More
> HR is not your friend. HR is created to protect companies from employees, not to protect employees from companies. HR serve the company and upper level management.
That sounds like Joshua Fluke
horus1968131dHow does the final lough look like in real life?
@ElectroArchiver I know the guy but he is toooo cynical for my taste that he talks without maturity. Every company will dump you 100%, every manager is a piece of shit and so on.
Not my style of guy really, too much grievances in such a young age and too much generalization.
I knew the HR's role by instinct but I watched another recruiter with the similar explanation. I mean, they are there to protect your company with minimum legal consequences.
@horus over his/her grave maybe. JK. But suing him, especially if you are in Europe might create some buzz, especially if you have irrefutable case at hand. At the worst case, you force him to lie to defend himself in public record. If everyone in the team knows these things happened and heard he lied like a coward, you will leave the team not trusting their manager.
@aviophile Depends on when you last watched him, currently I think he is perfectly fine
@ElectroArchiver i watched his video about people who are remote working for multiple full time jobs. He really bent ethical rules because apparently bosses are piece of shit and they deserve to be duped by employees trying to join different company meetings at once, half working and getting full payment.
@aviophile If your contract allows it and you fullfil what is asked of you I see no problem.
He was critizing how bosses usually double, triple, .. dip while at the same time crucifying their employees for such behaviour.
Nobody works full time for 2 jobs at once with the same brain. It is even worse because you are splitting attention between two jobs in the same day. Human brain isn’t built for context switch. They were doing even less than 4 hour of work. They were fired because they hid that they didn’t quit from first job.
They were pretending to work full attention for one job and fired deservedly so.
1. @ me if you reply, I only saw that you commented by chance, I usually don't check most 'new comment on the rants you commented on!' notifications.
2. I just rewatched he whole video and maybe so should you.. I'm not gonna start / continue discussing the above, I don't think it will lead anywhere and I don't have the capacity nor will to do so rn.
Coffe2Code35HR: How many years you've been developing on Android ? Me: Two years, with many projects on my own. HR: So, ...
ashokramcse9Real HR policy ... HR Manager in Heaven!!! One day while walking down the street a highly successful HR Man...
IAmNotARobot68What. The. Fuck. Did. Just. Happen. A random girl followed me on social media. She looked nice and intelligen...
Obvious wisdom from me;
1. HR is not your friend. HR is created to protect companies from employees, not to protect employees from companies. HR serve the company and upper level management.
2. If you are victim of mobbing, keep a mobbing diary with exact quoting. Nothing more, nothing less, no speculation. Create an airtight case for future.
3. If you want to change because of mobbing, just find a new job. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT talk to HR about mobbing before you got another job offer at the ready.
4. Present HR with mobbing diary during your exit, imply that you will talk to CEO and take legal actions if you don't get a satisfactory last laugh on the mobber.
5. Do not accept counter-offer from your company-regardless of mobbing case or not. You considered switching to another company, you are branded now and you will be axed at the first chance. Counter-offer is not a guaranteed employment in your company.