Details
-
AboutBugs... why does it always have to be bugs? ...also morons && retards.
-
SkillsBug hunting. C++ Trainee.
-
LocationFoggy, dark cemetery.
Joined devRant on 6/15/2024
Join devRant
Do all the things like
++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatar
Sign Up
Pipeless API
From the creators of devRant, Pipeless lets you power real-time personalized recommendations and activity feeds using a simple API
Learn More
-
Oh, right... forgot to mention... the loadings are fucking abysmal.
-
@Lensflare > 'Especially painful on Windows where it starts shitting its pants when some file path ends up having more than 260 characters.'.
I've seen this being used in newer versions of Windows: `\\?\` e.g. `\\?\C:\path\to\your\file.txt` so there seems to be some workaround. But yes, historically that is a terrible problem. -
Just barely.
-
Fuck those
```
'Slim Application Error
A website error has occurred. Sorry for the temporary inconvenience.'
```
errors. Almost 10 refreshes just to view this rant... -
@Lensflare `return true;`
-
!alive. Existing, though.
-
> 'Written by AI'.
Indeed, looked that way. -
> 'We are adults.'.
Yeah, it's becoming a lost art, it seems, w/ all the stuff for which some people are pushing. -
@jestdotty > 'AI writing complaints about AI now'.
Welcome to the age of 'agents'. As I understand it, this is just that. One AI doing some job, talking to another AI, doing its job... Could be wrong, though. -
@Lensflare I was wondering whether you'd recognize it.
https://devrant.molodetz.nl/preview... .
'Command & Conquer Zero Hour' the Chinese faction would randomly say that when building stuff. -
@Lensflare 'It'll look real nice when it's done.'.
-
No sucky sucky. Me no love u long time.
@Ragnar. Miss you, man. -
@whimsical > 'It got corrupted.'.
...just like many other things on this site.
/sigh -
I was thinking about purchasing a second PS4, either already hacked, or w/ the explicit intention _to hack_ to help me w/ testing, given how I don't own a console for native testing.
-
These new requirements for hacking things, ever since the PSP's temporary HEN ones... I kind of lost interest, for the most part. Although if the upside is there, I would do it, still.
-
@Lensflare > 'Aaaand it’s gone! Lol'.
Made me think of 'South Park'. https://youtube.com/watch/... . -
@whimsical.
@retoor. -
Sickening.
-
The cookie monster would've been sad... probably...
/jk -
Seems to be working better, now, but on an occasion, yes. The issue still pops up w/ the problem of the site being down.
-
'You are offline
DevPlace could not reach the network. Check your connection and try again.'
For fuck's sake... -
This: 'Security too expensive? Try a hack' https://commitstrip.com/en/2017/... .
-
> 'What exactly happened to it?'.
Attrition?
/jk
Who knows? Perhaps that, but also neglect, plus some other things. Could be a vicious cycle.
Start -> Fewer people create content -> fewer people come to the site -> low user count causes staff to stop caring about the platform's upkeep thus things start breaking -> more things broken == fewer users returning -> goto Start. -
@SoldierOfCode > 'So it's not a software or hardware or server (or etc') bug, it's just a lack of posts. When devRant was still being worked on, 7 days worth of rants was probably enough for them to consider as the "cutoff" point [shrugg emoji]
Why not just limit by number of posts(or not limit at all?) I don't know.'.
Huh. This would actually make sense. -
@SoldierOfCode > 'Also yes, I am alive. Hi everyone.'.
Glad you're still around. -
@Lensflare The hand of the dOG is unpredictable, indeed.
/jk
Anyway, perhaps the DB has been cluttered over the years. -
It would be nice to know what's going on, huh?
- Aging hardware?
- Unpaid bills?
- Full Storage Space?
- DDOS?
- Hand of dOG?
/jk
Jokes aside, yeah - would be nice to know. -
I kind of miss @Ragnar.
-
> 'It can be a nice successor to devrant if we can get enough people to use it and get rid of the content creating bots later.'.
Yup. Same sentiment over here. -
@12bitfloat > 'I already hated normies streaming into computer science and coding because it was so overhyped on tiktok/instagram/youtube but now with AI its like 100x worse'.
I remember when some video popped up in my feed w/ a title akin to "You're one [prompt|script] away from making $outrageous_sum_of_money!". Made me laugh, shudder, && pissed off all at the same time.
