Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
Tell us about it!
Xamenyap8723yWell he's actually the boyfriend of my friend. After knowing that he's also a developer, I asked about their deployment process as I'm also learning about CI with gitlab
The conversation is something like this:
- We just upload the source code directly to the server
- So you don't use any kind of vcs?
- No, we don't. We edit the source directly and re-upload it to the server
- What if you and your colleagues are working on the same thing?
- There're only 2 people in the team, one will have to wait
I was shocked cos I thought this kind of development only exists as a fun story. I tried to tell him some benefits of vcs but he didn't seem to care :-/
I guess for people who don't already know vcs, and hvn't encounter the trouble either, they won't invest time in it... even if it takes so small time
vhoyer14393yon the company I work in, I had to implement a vcs if I wanted, which I did, long story short: now I have to add git to 5 projects plus implement Continuous Delivery and unit tests to all of them...
endor64503yGod I hate these people