Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
Tell us more. I smell a good story.
grayfox38022yI'm gonna save this image for my future self. I could really use it soon.
I did not want to bore ya'll with my story. It's the oldest story in "dev's life" book. Started great and over the course of a year it just kept getting worse. And by worse I mean neo-corporate cool-aid BS where it's all about:
I'm sure each of the points could a be a massive rant but here's an abridged version in two parts.
* Talking about having a great culture but never do anything about achieving it
* meetings === work
* More meetings === more work
* Agile is some word that everyone outside delivery just uses to trick devs into making changes as quickly as they change their minds but still adhere to the same deadlines
* On average we spend 4 months to hire new devs as we only hire candidates that are genuinely strong in their domain (iOS, Android, Security, Web...) but they end up leaving within 3-6 months and I can't blame them for leaving
* As a dev you need a top-tier skills to get hired. But any fuckwit who owns a Mac can get a job as a UX/designer
* The afore mentioned designers are defining "visual requirements" that are just mental but they "look cool" and "might win a design award"... your "designs" might win that award, but will most certanly reduce our customer base to 0!
* I'm tired of building Android apps using a single non-arguable requirement: "Just copy how iOS team has done it"
* Did I miss a memo where iOS become a baseline and a benchmark for Android UX/UI? I haven't checked my junk folder since Windows won the award for most secure OS...
* The office where a dev has no chance of getting a laptop, 2 screens, a fixed desk and a quiet surrounding is not a place I want to call "my" nor "a workplace"
anonlion17Hi everybody! I wanted to share this with y'all. Yesterday I got my Master's Degree, I'm finally free from Un...
BlackOrange4Too many such videos out there.. This guy is on point
LoyalRayne13I AM FREE!!!! I no longer work for that unappreciative, condescending, dolt driven company! Time for bigge...