20
Fast-Nop
81d

I'm starting to like the crisis. Not only that I have home office, I'm also in for reduced working time. 3.5 days per week from next month on, and the state will fund 60% of the pay loss. Yeah!

Comments
  • 4
    Hahaha it is like you writing code for a single purpose, and later you realize, it already solved 3 more problems. Haha... enjoy
  • 4
    You always pay for it with taxes eventually.
  • 4
    You also live in Sweden? :o
  • 5
    @balvinder294 Thx!

    @irene I already did and get some of it back.

    @ScriptCoded Looks like Germany has similar regulations.
  • 3
    @Fast-Nop Ah interesting. I'm down to 40% and the state funds pretty much those remaining 60%
  • 2
    @ScriptCoded Here, the state covers only 60% of the losses, which is in line with the normal unemployment payment which is also 60% of the net pay.
  • 2
    @Fast-Nop Oh, so it's directly to you, the employee? Here the state funds the companies and let employees go down to 40%
  • 2
    @Fast-Nop nice to know! I still work fulltime (but home office).
    60% doesn't sound too bad or is it?
  • 4
    @ScriptCoded Same here, but the employees don't get full pay replacement, only 60% of what they lose through not working full-time. The company has to register that with the state, gets money from the state, and pays the employees (regular but reduced salary plus 60% compensation of the loss). So I don't have to do any bureaucracy.

    @nitwhiz It's totally OK with me because I don't live an expensive lifestyle. Not specifically for crisis preparation, just because I don't need that much.
  • 1
    I want one too.

    Fuck, my country sucks right now.
    Now I think I need to take time off from contract and send some forms to multiple gov orgs that my business got impacted by pandemic after that they will inspect my income and give me money in 3 months if they didn’t get out of money by previous forms.

    Time to live that shot hole I think.
  • 1
    With all that free time you could get another job!
  • 3
    @AlgoRythm Yeah, but why would I want one? Even in normal times, I work only 35 hours per week because I value my free time more than money.
  • 2
    @Fast-Nop Soundd about the same. I think we land at 92.5% of our normal salaries. So it's only a minor dip really
  • 2
    I’m hoping every day that this happens to me xd
  • 1
    @Fast-Nop I also pay in taxes for the safety net. We have seen a larger economic slowdown than in the 1930’s. Our unemployment is now up past 8% and previous years the government didn’t have a surplus of tax. The money comes from somewhere. That likely means people must pay more next tax year to support it. So if everyone stops working that falls on those of us who are working.
  • 0
    @irene The unemployment rate would be even higher if the government didn't interfere now because then the companies would be gone for good.
  • 0
    @Fast-Nop it depends your tax system. Most billionaire owners will risk much more by shutting a company down and attempting to reinvest the money. So often large companies sustain loss at executive levels for a while instead of shut down. There are only so many places to invest a billion dollars.
Add Comment