Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
p100sch107119dGot a less serous, but more worrying problem around here. Paracetamol is given as pain medication for everything as it has a slightly reduced effect on your stomach walls, not really lessening the need for proton pump inhibitors in the long run. But in contrast to Ibuprofen the Paracetamol is decomposed into a liver toxin. That's not really a problem if you know it, but no doctor tells you that, even when longterm administration was planned. Worst of all, in combination with alcohol the production of these toxins increase exponentially. That would not be too dangerous if people here wouldn't eat them up like candy. Ingesting up to 5g(!) a day and still going partying afterwards and using it to cure theire hangovers.
One pill isnt going to do much to your liver... Only prolounged exposure is the problem.