8
Condor
21d

There are a few email addresses on my domain that I keep on receiving spam on, because I shared them on forums or whatever and crawlers picked it up.

I run Postfix for a mail server in a catch-all configuration. For whatever reason in this setup blacklisting email addresses doesn't work, and given Postfix' complexity I gave up after a few days. Instead I wrote a little bash script called "unspam" to log into the mail server, grep all the emails in the mail directory for those particular email addresses, and move whatever comes up to the .Junk directory.

On SSD it seems reasonably fast, and ZFS caching sure helps a lot too (although limited to 1GB memory max). It could've been a lot slower than it currently is. But I'm not exactly proud of myself for doing that. But hey it works!

Comments
  • 2
    Well.. Catch-all literally means ...

    :v
Add Comment