Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
From the creators of devRant, Pipeless lets you power real-time personalized recommendations and activity feeds using a simple APILearn More
BobbyTables394911dHaving requirements would be nice for a change.
junon288611d1. Yes. Not as much when I was younger, but having shit sleep makes looking at code almost literally painful.
2. For me, it's more of a "okay, this next step is specifically what I'm doing now" instead of a nebulous "this next project is what I'm doing now". Before I start on a single step, I mentally make sure I can finish it before I have to/want to take a break. That's been the key to my productivity lately.
3. Yes, 100%. I have several going at once usually, which allows me to switch between them if one becomes too stale.
4. Yes, though this is also part of the fun (the planning aspect).
5. Agreed. Jump up DnB is a good option, as is hardstyle. https://youtube.com/user/...
6. Deadlines simply don't work for me. I either cut corners or get stressed out and thus demotivated.
7. Yep, this is why I left SF. I also try to avoid any sort of news around the time I'm coding. HN anti-procrastination settings are annoying but definitely help.
8. Yes. Entirely.
d-fanelli72811dso on a near daily basis you have coworkers labeling you a nazi as if you were caught etching swastikas on a Jewish colleague’s desk or some other heinous thing? Assholes should leave you alone, but they won’t (sadly).
87percentrum8911dMornings are dogshit. Everyone that could have a problem does all at the same time and none of them are reasonable, and I am somehow infuriated by each one!
Sorry you are a nazi by proxy or whatever
I enjoy your posts dude :)
Xenoxus2011d"8-9 hours of sleep" - those were some good days back then, when that was possible
d-fanelli72811dOh and ditto on sleep. I can barely do shit without it. And no, coffee does NOT make up for poor sleep
vigidis21488dThat's a great list... But I have a feeling I've seen most of these points somewhere...
*rummages through a pile of papers*
*opens old notebook*
"New years resolution 2014..." 🤔
Well, eighth time the charm I guess.
rox792056dClearly defined requirements. ??? Is this even Possible
NoMad2Legit can't remember. I've been driven by anxiety of deadlines for so long (and also, had no real vacation) th...
bittersweet2My best case "Deploy Bittersweet Pipeline": Prep a bunch of carrots, cucumber and tomatoes for day snacks. Ro...
netikras0- wake up early - brew a cup of joe - find a quiet spot - write code