AboutSecurity enthusiast, a manager who puts his people above... Pretty much everything. Not much of a coder, rather an infrastructure guy
Skillsterraform, powershell, python and whatever if I have time to google my ass off.
Joined devRant on 4/28/2021
Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
From the creators of devRant, Pipeless lets you power real-time personalized recommendations and activity feeds using a simple APILearn More
This was a while back... Like 20 years ago. I was doing some crappy development with asp/vbscript. Once I had a task to send emails in certain cases and while testing, I used my personal mail as recipient. In a loop. If you ever did asp/vbscript you know how easy it is to have an infinite loop... And my mail was forwarded as text messages to my phone. I deleted incoming text messages for days.
And I made the same mistake next week.2
So pissed off at aws. My goal is to deny the creation of any taggable resource without having a specific tag on the organizational level. (tag policies, service control policies, etc)
Tag policies do not have any effect if the resource is created without any tag. WTF.
I managed to put together a service control policy, that makes it impossible, but since not all resources are taggable, I had to list every taggable resource in the policy and put every read action on a condition. Surprise: the policy exceeda the max size limit. FML.
"can you please approve my PR?" yes, sure I'm happy to drop the context I built in my head, to pick up your totally different context, review your code and then rebuild my context.
I get an automated alert on slack whenever I'm requested a review on git, can't you fucking wait 20-40 mins when I'm out of the zone? Ffs.3
This was more than 15 years ago. We migrated a bunch if data (home to a new server and repurposed the old one, the same night. This was not the first task on that allweekender, so it was around 3am on Sunday, with very little sleep, when I had to copy the data. I did that by logging in as admin and copying with Total Commander. Obviously, even admin did not have the permissions to some folders, so a lot of financial data were lost, as the users found out on Monday morning. We had no backup. Old server was not only reformatted, but the disks were used to build a different raid set. Luckily, one of the users who had access to this data kept a backup on a flash drive. (If you're wondering, I should've used robocopy with backup mode)