AboutWill write code for cookies
SkillsAndroid, iOS, Java, Swift, Kotlin
Joined devRant on 2/20/2018
Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
Here's my checklist:
- education opportunities? Conferences etc.
- open source contribution?
- test coverage?
- always meet with the team
The difference between procedures and functions never troubled me. Until it did and now I'm just thinking it for the past hour! Here it is: Procedures perform some logic while functions (like in math) return a value. Daaaamn!4
TODOs top 5
[x] create README.md with TODOs
[ ] add tests
[ ] write documentation
[ ] automate deployment
[ ] improve security5
Hey junior... when I'm asking a question it's not the answer I'm looking for.... It's your thought process! Just tell me the things you will not do and we can take it from there!4
- No I wont give you a ballpark estimate.
- No I wont grab a cup of coffee to discuss your idea
- No I wont check out your existing app/website
I'm a professional and my time is actually what I'm selling. If you want me to spend my time on you then you better spend yours to persuade me.
Send me a brief, your research on competitors, your roadmap, a deck, whatever. I'll probably won't read any of it. But at least I'll now that you you mean business and you value and respect my time.7
Don't burn other devs just because you don't like their solution. Discuss empower and stop being a total prick. People should look up to you because they respect you not because you put them down!6
- Promote source control usage especially in group projects
- Teach clean code principles
- Push for commented code in exercises