About28 yo cs MSc. From Munich, Germany. NodeJs and flutter enthusiasts, boulderer, bratwurst consultant
SkillsNodeJs, flutter, python, Aws, Php, Java...
Joined devRant on 9/4/2017
Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
From the creators of devRant, Pipeless lets you power real-time personalized recommendations and activity feeds using a simple APILearn More
"Our app needs a barcode scanner"
Fair enough, let's do this!
Android implementation using Zxing: 3 days. Ios: 9 days...
1. Dev iPhone has a subtle hw defect that doesn't let it connect to the computer anymore...
2. Our app-framework doesn't have a proper plugin for ios barcode scanners yet.
3. The first barcodescanner implementation is completely broken
4. Swift is not possible because of conflicting framework plugins
5. Build a plugin from scratch, using zxing objective c port.
6. Build problems with main app.
7. Fuck my life2
Why the fuck did Apple just start testing my app using an ipv6 only network? I mean that is a good idea in general, but did they just start doing this recently, or did a major appledick decide that now, after 15 good releases, they should reject the app and force me to rethink my whole backend structure... Screw you, why didn't you tell me when I started?2
Today was a good day. The toilet door was stuck for two hours because the lock broke. After the locksmith came and tried his best, we had to kick the door in. Fun fact: a fellow dev was stuck on the inside...11