Joined devRant on 5/29/2019
Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
Using eclipse, I type in one character on the editor
Eclipse: "Waiting user operation" *hangs for a whole minute*
This is the same version I use every day, same workspace, and otherwise it usually works well!2
Imposter syndrome and burnout, and imposter syndrome being fed by the burnout.
Maybe at some degree even viceversa.1
So an old Ionic 3 project wont work on the newest CLI.
I check around for the error, update some dependencies, sure enough it starts working again, all is great or so I thought.
Later something weird starts happening, upon pushing a new view on the navCtrl, the navParams are null on the next view.
I later find out that navCtrl is becoming navParams just on the first bit of the view loading, so I do a dirty fix just to keep working on the functionality from my browser, I know very well this will cause problems later on, this is just so I can keep working on functionality.
I finish all of the functionality and I'm ready to compile for android, I run my script, the dirty fix comes to bite my butt now.
I remove the dirty fix hoping for it to work just well on the apk.
Now gradle doesn't find ddmlib.jar, some 15 minutes of troubleshooting do nothing.
Fuck it, I'll just create a new project from the CLI and drag all the code there so that navParams work as expected.
Sorry Ionic, but the world is not our oyster when subtle changes in dependencies produce such unexpected behaviour, with some fucking view parameters!.
I'm looking forward to get done with all the current projects to jump back to native.1