Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
C0D446743297dWhat would I change?
Not a lot.
Maybe reduce the meme spamming, after all this is a social media mostly used by devs, not 12 year olds farming for internet points.
We are all like minded people in a vary of specialised fields, so we already know how to get along with each other, this comes down to
Understanding our common ground rather then being a social platform of random 12 year olds.
DevRant self Moderates, if we get spammers, we down vote them out of existence ( doesn’t happen all that often but it happens )
If we disagree with each other, we somehow manage to deal with it.
How do we keep things the way they are with more people?
Well that’s the billion dollar question. I think because this is a dedicated platform for devs, we already have the ground rules for dealing with other devs already ingrained within us, but if the influx of users are students looking at ++ farming, then they’ll sooner or later give up or actually take part in the community, meme posts only work for so long before you stop getting ++’s
Just my 0.02 cents.
Nanos8712297d> limit of x users.
Reminds me of Yahoo chatrooms where once a room got full, I think it was something like 50 people room, folk would sit and claim their spot all day.
So you'd have people in room 24 saying they didn't like folk in room 12..
Not keen on that idea of user limits per room space.
Nanos8712297dI'd have an offline reader for starters.
ihatecomputers5136297dTag-based filtering (give [oc] joke/meme pls). Auto-bans based on nationalality + age combinations, twelve year old Indians begone! Okay, that's mostly a joke. But uhhmm also direct messaging (I've got a stash of dickpicks and no one to send em to). Also making confirmed spam/shit post affect the offending user's score negatively (STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM). Selling user data so that the creators can install gold toilets and wipe their butts with crisp dollar bills. Image upload that doesn't fuck up images.
Root56627297d1) Joke/meme posts should not accrue ++
2) I would fix tag order and remove max tag length (or substantially increase it)
3) Darker whites (yes that's grey) or a customizable highlight color on blackest black theme. It's too bright!
4) Repost and offensive/spam -- should always reduce the user's ++
5) I'd fix the bug that causes notifications to disappear after loading
5) I'd magically move all past and future bug reports and feature requests to where they belong: the tracker.
6) I'd magically remove all the easily-offended people who refuse to think.
7) I'd magically remove all of the :q and ; reposts. and the reposters.
That's all I can think of immediately