Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
From the creators of devRant, Pipeless lets you power real-time personalized recommendations and activity feeds using a simple APILearn More
theuser5276289dToo much of a footprint for just drag and drop. There are loads of codepens up for nabbin'
sundowatch2289dI've had a project that relied on excessive drag and drop processes. There were hundreds of hundreds objects to drag, and hundreds of hundreds cells to drop. Jquery UI is a turtle on that situation. Because all of drags and drops rely on event listeners and consume too much RAM. But HTML5 is not like that.
homo-lorens6601289dToo heavy for just a few uses, not roboust enough for many.
im just aqzy son of a bitch.
took one look at all the weird edge case code for various browsera and said "nope" out loud.
@M1sf3t turned off autocorrect b/c i got tired of it being *way* off on really obvious words.
tiny keyboard and the above now mean my posts are guaranteed to be 40% more retarded.
how long did that trello mockup take you anyway?
chrisalexthomas370289dJquery was amazing at doing what it was supposed to do and today it’s still pretty great.
There are other smaller, maybe nicer ways to do certain things.
But without jquery kicking off the entire industry. We would still be in the dark ages
erggghhhg...god why does svelte have to be so clean and fantastic yet so underappreciated!
Fast-Nop32783289djQuery needs to die, and why this tagged with devrant?
Fast-Nop32783289d@Wisecrack It will never become popular again because:
1) It manipulates the DOM directly which derails into the typical jQuery spaghetti for complex applications. That's why JS frameworks were created in the first place.
2) Old IE support has become so irrelevant that even jQuery ditched it years ago.
3) Most jQuery usage is either easier, shorter and with better performance in plain contemporary JS, or isn't JS' job (e.g. animations), or doesn't belong on a production website to begin with.
the dom is the source of all life and light in this world
2. slander. jquery appears to be rising fast again. some people using react are now using jquery left and right. Google might even be rewriting it's homepage in jquery.
3. heresy. what, did you only test it in one browser or something?
I know, im terrible! Here you are making a valuable post and I jyst shitpost with my tongue in my cheek.
@M1sf3t been meaning to try next but im working on making sure I have a more solid foundation.
@M1sf3t I heard sappee is really well structures and thought out?