Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
From the creators of devRant, Pipeless lets you power real-time personalized recommendations and activity feeds using a simple APILearn More
FahadAlt1882341dPlease don’t make start crying 💔
WildOrangutan1577341dI work remote, with no strict work schedule, so my day goes smth like:
- wake up at 9-10
- work till 15-16
- chill out till 23
- work till 1 in the morning
WildOrangutan1577341d@WildPotato do you always go to bed at same hour?
I often play calm-like youtube videos on minimal volume, so my mind focuses on that sound, rather than going crazy and thinking.
Root75921341d• Wake up at 8-9am
• Get ready and dressed
• 9:30-10:00am standup
• Make breakfast for everyone
• Make breakfast for myself
• Try to escape everyone
• Finally get to work around 11am to noon
• Do my best to work through incessant interruptions
• Fail miserably because the house is tiny and I don’t have an office
• Break up fights, console random crying
• Field questions and dodge conversations
• Desperately try to get *something* done
• Try to keep the children from killing themselves, and quiet
• Fix things (games, computer issues, phone issues, broken toys)
• Continue struggling to work amidst the chaos
• Eventually give up at around 7pm
• Go cook a way too late dinner for everyone
• Cook something tiny for myself
• Put the children to bed way too late
• Try to get some work done now that the house is quiet
• Eventually give up because I’m too tired
• Try to stay up and do something fun
• Too tired to do anything at all and just stare or fail to enjoy whatever I settle on doing
• Go to bed around midnight.
• Rinse, repeat.
I have no idea how I still have a job.
I also might not be sane any longer.
SortOfTested24503341d- up at 3:00am
- join standup at 3:30am
- code, help unblock until 10am
- call with other leadership til 11
- sandwich 12:00 - 12:15
- code until 2pm
- do any sales support, tech demo, etc calls until 4pm
- make dinner, feed husband and kids
- clean house, clean self
- in bed by 10pm