AboutAspiring Mac Admin
Skillsbash, powershell, macadmin, to be continued.
Joined devRant on 2/20/2018
Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
From the creators of devRant, Pipeless lets you power real-time personalized recommendations and activity feeds using a simple APILearn More
Playing cool with people who
- Do the same mistakes repeatedly
- Do not think through use cases and blabber out the first thing that comes to their heads
- Are always downplaying the effort others put into their work
- Do not know when to have a discussion
- Do not take responsibility for their mess
- Are rude to newbies who are trying their best
- Are mean to the minimum wage workers1
Coworker: "Hey, I have an idea. I think it will be much better if, one month before launch, we pivot this project from using 2D animation to using 3D Animation with Motion Capture! It will save us so much time!"
Me: I'd be happy to look into it for you, but those technologies are very labour intensive and we don't currently employ anyone who has any experience in those technologies. However, I absolutely agree and I believe we could look at this in 1-2 years after the prototype of the application is completed.
Coworker: I'm more optimistic than you.
Actual conversation. Coworker made an animation once in college, which is the entire basis of their argument.2
I've been finding it harder and harder to balance both project management and development.
I frequently find that I don't have enough time to manage both.
Sometimes you just wish you could be two people.