Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
From the creators of devRant, Pipeless lets you power real-time personalized recommendations and activity feeds using a simple APILearn More
1) My dev env,
2) Keyboard layout isn't suck.
Desktop because ergonomics and multiple monitors
I would prefer a desktop for work, honestly. I have my laptop, but I prefer to use it for my personal projects and playing games.
Desktop because it's more powerful and costs less
I use a laptop with keyboard mouse and 2 monitors and have the same setup at office and at home. I like it
theNSA46914yLaptop for mobile coding, desktop for stationary coding. Definitely invest in wireless mouse/keyboard if you get a desktop
- Great getting ideas down quick.
- Can code anywhere! A devs dream/nightmare
- Everyone will think you're, like, totally the coolest leet hacker with all your stickers on your laptop and your skull candy headphones.
- Faster (well, usually)
- Multiple frickin monitors
- Bigger screen/resolution
- Can rotate monitor portrait (haven't tried rotating laptop yet, hrm....)
- Mechanical keyboard
- Usually better ergonomics