Joined devRant on 5/31/2016
Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
My worst team experience finished only a week ago:
- Be me
- be averaging 80% in completed modules and on track for a 1st
- have to take a team project worth double credits
- get stuck in random team with 40%ers
- lose 1 artist at the start (team of 12: 6 artists, 6 programmers)
- 2 artists contribute nothing and disappear for a few weeks
- I'm forced to do level design to have something to show (looked good tbh)
- weeks go by and too many contribute very little.
- by the end the team was basically 4 programmers and 2 artists contributing.
All other teams basically get an easy 2:1/1st just because their team turns up and contributes.
I could lose a 1st because of this module bringing down everything else, it also had a huge effect on what I could achieve for my dissertation due to time.
- did get an award at the end for managing to not kill someone and showing restraint 😂😂
Basically don't choose a degree where more than 25% of your mark is almost entirely out of your hands.
The small individual component I averaged over 90%!
Come on WebAssembly!11
My first ever interview and the interviewer seemed more nervous than me. Didn't get the job.
I did have an interview a couple of hours later elsewhere with a much better firm and got the job :D