Joined devRant on 7/4/2017
Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
what an idiot! and his profile said he had 4 years of experience...
oh, yes, and that thing of not using arrays...
I have even more code from this guy, but one picture is enough1
I use to work in companies that have none or one female dev. The guys hired a girl and placed her seat in the farthest corner from the Air Conditioner.
Idiots. All others pleasing her with any stupid request, like "it's hot in here, can I turn on the AC?" and all others say "YES OF COURSE" as they can pronounce those words while drooling.
You know what? She puts the AC in 18 CELCIUS (64 Farenheit, - you're welcome)
I AM RIGHT UNDER THE AC, I'M COMMUTING TO THE OFFICE WITH EXTRA CLOTHING IN SUMMER BECAUSE OF THOSE IDIOTS. I HAVE TO PROTECT MYSELF OF GETTING A COLD IN SUMMER BECAUSE OF OTHER'S INABILITY TO MANAGE THEIR TESTORONE.4
PATH TOO LONG
it has gigs and gigs and asks for more but in the end, it's geological layers of shit on top of each other, turtles all the way down and the last one stands over DOS5
A Visual Studio solution that had 62 (SIXTY TWO) projects for a webpage that was like 8 user forms total was like going to a shop to buy 3 items and receiving 15 tickets for that.
PMs saying no to refactoring due to not having enough time for a months. The first task took me 2 days just by fixing cyclic dependencies among the libraries. Went home and merged all the projects to just 3, building instantly in just two hours. Fuck idiot PMs that do not know how to code, buys shit and don't listen to devs. Fuck all idiots.4
I think that win devs that are scared of using a terminal are not real devs. We write structured instructions every day, a terminal is just the same. If they are scared of that they should try writing code with a mouse or devote themselves to artistic painting.
BTW PowerShell sucks for typing, and bash for windows is like a travesty shell4
the amount of things that get to work by restarting Visual Studio or Windows makes evident that VS/WIN is just like a clogged toilet.
ABANDON THAT PLATFORM, SHITHEADS!
I'm working in a project that seems to be like a Multiplayer Tetris of Little Poo:
- figure out what the heck you have to code, because there is no debugging, the deploy to your devenv takes ages, the documentation does not exist or is unreadable, plus you are new and you are in a different timezone
- once you have your code, slowly pass the reviews of your remote team that will complain for every little extra line you've added for readability, slowly converting your code into a poo-like form, until it is completely shaped as shit
- repeat steps 1-2 until you pass the linter
- the carefully place your shit-shaped-code in the right place of the pile of shit
- wait for someone else to complain (like 'please rebase' 'new lint rule please fix' - oh, did I mention that? lint rules do not match between local, review and deploy?
- repeat from step 1 until you quit your job (which will happen in a few weeks)