AboutSoftware Engineer building internal systems for ISPs.
Joined devRant on 2/3/2020
Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
1. Learn to use Google.
2. If you don't know English, learn it. Most good resources are in English.
3. Be patient and don't give up. You'll get *very* frustrated, believe me.
4. Don't bother other people with stupid questions, refer to item 1. Only ask in forums/answer hubs if you can't find what you're looking for through Google. Yes, that means going into Google's second result page.
5. Don't get discouraged if you don't have friends your age that like programming. You'll find people with the same interest later :)
6. If you don't understand stuff right away, don't worry. Copy code from YouTube tutorials and change them a bit. No Ctrl + C Ctrl + V though, copy it by writing. Little by little it'll start making sense and soon enough you'll be able to write stuff of your own.
7. Most importantly, have fun!
(This advice comes from someone that started programming at age 10 in a county that doesn't speak English)8
I found my 1989 GAMEBOY ... Motherfucker still works like a charm 🥰 now to find my nokia 3310 and I'm ready to travel back in time and escape the COVID194
Me: "do you know about .exe files?"
Girlfriend: "yeah, like '.exe stopped working'"
*Windows exe immediately associated with bugs by common user*11
On a holiday, Manager called for a sudden meeting to discuss an unimportant topic.
I pretended that my audio was not working. The meeting ended in 5 minutes and I went back to sleep.11