4
Radec
56d

Well I started learning REACT FUCKING JS because of our team requirements. I'm a Vue developer and well it's a little more complicated for me because react is way harder.

Today I started a simple project to practice react. First thing I realized was that in react project we cannot edit Webpack config by just adding a config file in project root.

WTF !

In vue we could just add few lines of codes in vue.config.js and then we were good to go!
but in REACT FUCKING JS we must install another library named Carco, which is not COMPATIBLE with latest react version!!!!!

FFS WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS FRAMEWORK

Comments
  • 10
    Welcome to hell.
    ReactJS is the framework used to create unstable prototypes, but instead of stopping at the prototype stage, some dickward decided it was good enough for production code.

    You'll spend more time in dependency hell then you ever will actually building anything yourself.
  • 5
    Let me guess. You used create-react-app didn't you?
    You can alter the config file by setting up webpack by yourself. It's not that hard.
    But you took the shortcut, and now you complain about it being not configurable.
    That's on you 🙂
  • 0
    react-scripts eject
  • 1
    craco? Yeah, that's Create React App Config Override for you. I used it once to make tailwind available in a react app. It worked like a charm.
  • 6
    For the love of Jesus fucking Christ, just use vite. Aren't you Vue developer? Who the fuck still use webpack?
  • 2
    @react-guy shortcut? Isn't that the recommended way by the official guide?
  • 2
    @Hazarth https://github.com/facebook/...

    Nextjs is recommended. CRA is dead
  • 0
    @h3rp1d3v about 90% of work environments where JS is used where I'm at. The other 10% uses rollup
  • 0
    @webketje 😂 time to move on. Webpack is so fucking slow
  • 1
    am learning reactt.. don't fucking demotivate me :(
  • 4
    Create React App is shit, just create a new React project with Vite or use Next.
  • 1
    I love the library because it's unopinionated. CRA showed us that this is a crucial feature because their opinions are terrible.
  • 0
    Idk seems pretty easy if you know anything about coding
  • 0
    @wackOverflow I wanted to use that, but it is mentioned in all resources: "There is no way back when you eject! Use it wisely!"

    Well as a react newbie, I never want to use something that can be complicated and dangerous for my beginner project :)
  • 2
    @h3rp1d3v I installed the project using vite right now. It was fast as hell. beautiful !

    I hope I will not use webpack and webpack related trashes again.
  • 0
    @Radec IMO the best option is to "eject" from CRA altogether and move your codebase over to Vite which is just as easy to set up by default but it can be configured as easily as any other Rollup project, and the structure is very similar to CRA. As an added benefit, you don't have to use Webpack.
  • 1
    @Radec there’s never "no way back" if you’re using git
  • 0
    Honestly, I think the React team should officially retire CRA and publish a Vite preset instead; the feature sets are so similar and extensibility is so disproportionately different it makes no sense to use CRA anymore.
  • 0
    Webpack is usable if and only if you own the config and can change every bit of it.
  • 1
    The company pays you to work with that... it's called job. If you don't like you can go join hackathons, game jams... it's called fun.
Add Comment