Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
Get a devDuck
Rubber duck debugging has never been so cute! Get your favorite coding language devDuckBuy Now
Search - "shitbook"
New job, started two months ago. Forced to use a MacBook. First time using iShit in my life.
- Laptop reboots randomly every three weeks or so "because of an error" (thanks, very informative error message).
- Sometimes if I use two screens and I lock my laptop, only one screen gets locked.
- The most simple tasks require a fucking large number of clicks. There are almost no keyboard shortcuts. My hand hurts because of this, and after two months the pain is getting worse and worse.
- Yes, I know there are apps that give you extra keyboard shortcuts, but those don't help much. I never used a mouse in 10 years.
- Window management sucks. It's so broken and poor in so many ways, I don't know where to start.
- Random errors and pop-ups are the norm.
- I have only four fucking USB Type C ports. I can somehow understand having only Type C because it looks cool, but fuck at least give me 6 of them, or 8. Do you really have to force me to use a USB hub, in addition to a shitload of adapters?
- Multiple monitors don't work unless the laptop is connected to the power adapter.
- The above point means, in practice, that I have exactly zero USB Type C ports available to me: one is used for the power adapter, two are for the two monitors, and one for the USB hub. Whenever I have to connect something that has Type C, I have to choose between monitors and going fuck myself.
- I don't want to comment on performance, cooling system or battery life. This would be a waste of time. Let's just say that it's shit.
Now, dear Apple fangirls and fanboys, please downvote this rant. I want your downvotes, so please don't hesitate to press that (--) button. But please let me say that these products are shit, pure shit. Fuck Apple and their overpriced products.33
I'm sorry for the colleagues that have to work with me currently.
I'm a melted piece of shit that can't get a single line down in this forsaken heat.
I swear I try but I feel like the new MacBook Pro that gets thermal throttled just by being launched.2
My dad, the man who taught me cutting corners is less possible in the IT field than any other field and that you have to do it CORRECTLY unless you're deliberately asking for problems, is using the OEM recovery utility to reinstall the OEM copy of Win7 Starter onto a shitbook destined to be a diagnostics machine for smart cars *because he doesn't wanna go driver hunting.*
They're all literally right fucking here. On this one page.
My mentor has become the bad example he once steered me away from becoming.3
facebook, where the fuck do you have a list of your scopes, do i have to magically guess them?! just let me get the fucking dictionary and try every word!!!!!!!!!1