AboutI'm a software architect/engineer, used to do fullstack web app dev, now I do data pipeline engineering and building web apps on the side.
SkillsC#, Typescript, .Net, Azure cloud engineering, Databricks, Spark Minor experience: Golang, Python, NodeJs, Ruby on Rails
Joined devRant on 12/3/2020
Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
From the creators of devRant, Pipeless lets you power real-time personalized recommendations and activity feeds using a simple APILearn More
So I’m like 90% certain 10% of my app should be event sourced, and the other 90% CRUD based (but event driven).
However after trying to tackle this from a variety of angles I’m 100% ready to jump off a building
So I’m taking a break and eating a fucking donut1
"Get a job doing what you love, you'll never work a day in your life" they said
What they didn't tell us is that it would lead us to babysitting/troubleshooting continuous deployments at 3 am on a Sunday with a black Irish coffee and a manic look on our faces5
Top 10 Signs You're Approaching Dev Burnout (incomplete):
(?/10). You get these random silly urges to quit your job to go live on a farm and raise goats, never to look at another pull request/bug/network issue/DevOps dashboard again8
Got hit up by a FANG recruiter on LinkedIn. Almost went for it, but then I remembered I'd have to spend 3 months prepping for it, since it's been 5 years since I've manually reversed a linked list, back when we did that for funsies in college...
Plus how do you tell your manager you're quitting to "prep" for an interview...and moreover, how do you go back and sheepishly tell them you didn't make it...
Like, that one simple LinkedIn message caused me to re-evaluate my life and seriously consider leaving my comfy job to do something insane like try to work at <insert FANG company here>. And I wasn't going to quit until I had made it.32