Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
From the creators of devRant, Pipeless lets you power real-time personalized recommendations and activity feeds using a simple APILearn More
Search - "mobbingdictionary"
MOBBING DICTIONARY - 1 -
I would like to collect some sentences that amount to mobbing on the workplace, especially if repeated often and targeting the same person.
Sentence (flattering hypocrisy):
You are to good to waste your precious time in this demeaning task, let somebody else/me do it!.
demoting someone, alienate the target from crucial tasks and move the (important) tasks to the mobbers or somebody closer to them.
the targets usually don't buy the flattery, they are disgusted by it.
But they start to feel guilty: maybe they are not delegating enough, or not letting other people grow, or taking too much things on themselves.
They start to let go. But they have an hard time finding really more useful things to do.
They alienate themselves slowly from the team.
They'll be slowly fired.7
MOBBING DICTIONARY - 2 -
(behind the back)
- he/she has no time, don't tell him/her these problems, don't speak with him/her, just speak with me
- you have no time do this!. Let me/somebody else do it.
- cutting the target out from the rest of the team. Redirect all communication in order to shield the target.
He/she will loose the general vision. He/she will not understand anymore what the problems are. He/she will loose relevance and will not be able to manage his/her own time anymore.
He/she is probably working a lot, and doing a lot of effort. He/she will probably know how to use the time, and he/she needs the team to help with task no take the task out of him/her.
He/she will slowly burn out, specially if he/she discover that such things are happening behind his/her back.
The situation will add psychological problems to technical problems. He/she will be crushed to death.5
MOBBING DICTIONARY - 3 -
Sentence (harsh public remark)
- You always want to do everything.
- highlight a (true or false) defect of the target, a lie repeated thousands of time will become true.
- whether or not that is true, everybody will start to see the target with that particular defect. Every action will be justified to correct the defect.
While it is often true that people at time have difficulty to delegate, usually the reason is not that they don't want to, but they don't know how.
The mobber want to remove the person rather than helping on the "how".
This strategy get the best result when the target is self aware, take the mobbing sentence as a constructive feedback and start to effectively delegate. He/she will contribute to make him/herself useless and could be later easily disposed of.1
MOBBING DICTIONARY - 4 -
Sentence (in private, outside the scope of CEO or such)
- sort it out yourself! fuck you, worm! I'll get you fired! I'll crush you with an hammer
(something very insulting, screaming)
- to exasperate the target. So he/she will fight back, maybe at the wrong time. Or he/she will try to stay quiet, but he/she will explode inside.
- make clear to everybody that the mobber is the danger
- The mobber will deny he/she ever said that. The target cannot prove it. Nobody will support the target, not even the witnesses, as they are scared. The CxO will not believe he/she could have said that, because he/she is apparently mild mannered and respectful with all directive positions.
- The target has a dilemma: or he/she denounces the words to the managers, but he/she will be considered a defamer, or worst.
Or he/she takes it in, and in such case, he/she will be slowly destroyed psychologically.3