Joined devRant on 3/5/2018
Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
Browser plugin idea:
Hide all comments that contain blank spaces between words and following punctuation. (Like this .)
This would like eliminate 90% of rambling ranting hate spouting madmen from any comment section!5
As an -absolute beginner-, don't try to prove yourself by doing everything on your own after only a short explanation.
Rather ask as many questions as you need to finish it. One questions more now, saves 20 headaches later.
Haven't yet been able to formulate a question that StackOverflow didn't downvote to oblivion.
I tried to follow all the rules. No chance.13
Anyone else here trying to access the menu of any service display they come across. Can't help it ;)
(Or trying to find an outgoing link if the display is set to a certain website.)
· 10 sales on Play Store
· 1 star review because "good app, but doesn't have that particular function"
· 0 sales on Play Store4
Anyone else here that doesn't answer people that only write "hi" to initiate a conversation?
I always feel like they try to put me in charge of leading the convo. You wouldn't call someone and just say Hi, now would you?6
What's the strangest Assembler or Pseudo-Assembler you've ever encountered?
I wrote a Z-machine (Infocom's virtual text adventure interpreter) and it was quite an interesting interpretation of bytes:
- The first 3 bits of an instruction tell you the opcode category, the rest are the instruction
- The 2nd (and maybe 3rd) byte tell you in 2-Bit chunks the operand types.
- text is encoded in 5-Bit chunks, with special characters for CapsLock that double function as padding (if your text doesn't align with the 3 letters per 2 bytes).
- and of course there are 5 different versions that all work slightly differently (as in CapsLock becomes Shift or "this special character isn't in use anymore")3
Think about it:
It wouldn't be a real "bug" if it needed a 200 line fix. These little insects are so tiny they can easily hide even behind a misplaced apostrophe.
(In response to people getting upset about 1 line being enough to fix a 3 day problem)2