AboutWebdeveloper, music production and car enthusiast
Skillsphp, js, typo3, magento, css3wizkid
Joined devRant on 4/26/2018
Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
From the creators of devRant, Pipeless lets you power real-time personalized recommendations and activity feeds using a simple APILearn More
Has anybody here used Solr or Elasticsearch for a big online shop? We’re implementing fact finder and are not happy and are wondering about solr and stuff like that.
I kinda want more emotional input from other devs so I thought I asked here :)
Branch Manager without actual credentials (just a manager no real business decisions are made by him).
- Constantly is sick
- at home a lot doing „home office“ and not being responsive in company chat or emails
- is in home office 3-4 days a week while company policy clearly states one day a week
- watches YouTube a lot at work and calls out other people when they check their emails or quickly order something on amazon or maybe just listen to a podcast at work
- is a scrum master but rarely acts like it as in softens up rules as he sees fit
- backstabs employees in front of ceo when he actually entrusts them beforehand and says he is definitely in the employees side
- actually tried to physically intimidate me and another employee
- has no real technological background but chimes in on technical discussions and thinks it’s a new round of bullshit bingo
- does personal errands during work and books the time for it as work time
- claims people cheat on their time management entries and gets them warned and fired for it, while doing the exact thing himself
- knows he is trusted by the ceo but actually takes 0 interest in the future of the company
- tirades and gossips about other employees that just aren’t around at that moment
- is sexist at times
- very untrustworthy
- is responsible for a very toxic environment around the office
So that are his attributes - he got me warned and sacked because I supposedly committed fraud with my time management and caused the company financial harm - I had no projects or todos and was keeping myself busy with learning JS and python stuff instead of sitting around waiting for a ticket to come around.
Needless to say I’m glad I don’t see that guy any more. I’d break his jaw if I’d have to see him again.3
“Let’s add another style/Layout for h2 so it looks like an h3. The content managers will figure out!” -client PO
MAYBE YOU SHOULD TELL YOUR CONTENT WANKERS TO READ THE FUCKING MANUAL
Trying to get a stupid string to be localized in a widely used extension for typo3 (sr_freuserregister). Just add a marker to the HTML template and try to localize it via typoscript.
3 hours later im going to put in my string in English and German and just going to hide them accordingly to the language code in the <html/> tag. Holy crap.
Told client in review meeting with missing PM (vacation) that the live release of their new website for the end of may is very optimistic and we probably should target a later date due to more change and feature requests.
1.5 weeks pass and the clients sends updated requests and also their new launch date: 18th if May.
Yeah sure also write your emails to the PM that is on vacation - like you’ve been informed of several times.
When deadlines get even shorter, I really envy not-agency people.2
"Never trust a user or client, when dealing with 'bugs', always try to reproduce."
very useful advice from an old colleague1
Just TYPO3 things:
in your config constants doing "styles.content.textmedia.maxWInText = 450" should basically crop all your images to a maximum width of 450 using ImageMagick except TYPO3 flips it's shit and won't do it.
After about an hour or so of debugging and guessing around with 2 other developers setting "styles.content.textmedia.maxWInText" to "500" will actually work. Every other number except 450 works.
Using TYPO3 is like preparing for hell.1