Joined devRant on 5/22/2016
Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
Please tell me something wrong with me, and whole world is working like that! It can't be right! Or could it, and I'm just one sad fuck who don't know shit?
So... We've got:
1. Jira reporting (agile style with cards and shit)
2. Task timers (via application integrated to Jira in order to count how much time we spent on a task)
3. End of the day email reporting with description of what we have done today (Jira is not enough?)
4. Daily morning meetings with a team leader to report what we're gonna do today
5. Git merge code reviews for each finished component (that lasts for hours)
6. Weekly status meetings
7. Working hours reporting with a fucking fingerprint
And on top of all of that, the developer is the one who just writes the code - team leader decides how this code is gonna look, what will be written first and what last, what libraries will be used and so on...8
Freaking coding conventions...
Just chose something and stick to it.
How hard can it be?
Apparently this hard:
Approximately 15 years ago, at school, I had one friend that learned to code in Delphi. One day he came to me and said:
Dude! I made a program that creates a 2GB file!!! (15 years ago 2GB were a lot of memory)
- What is in this file? - I asked.
- Nothing! It's just 2GB!!!
- It's fucking AWESOME!!!3
It's funny how 7 years of experience in coding made me a professional repairman.
You'll be surprised how good you are at repairing broken screen on your relatives phone just because you know C#... 😭1