Joined devRant on 11/5/2016
Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
From the creators of devRant, Pipeless lets you power real-time personalized recommendations and activity feeds using a simple APILearn More
This is more on work and life balance.
1. Don't do hard work, but do 'Smart work', else you will end up burn yourself 100%.
2. Don't think your manager is your guardian angel, even though it seems like sometimes. He has his own goals to achieve.
3. Spend considerable time daily in and out of office/work, for your own development/improvement.
4. Learn new languages and technologies.
5. Stop making things perfect, 'good' is enough.
and it goes on ............3
When I was in my previous company, we used a Jira tag named as 'IE Issue' 😆
The best part is, even clients understood it!
Seeing your code, which you were proud about, now being butchered by some interns/newbies 😲
Just like seeing your X girlfriend after long time 😒10
And one more.
When my senior ask me to rebase the PR, which I submitted f*n one month ago.
Where it was f*n important that time.
And your pull rebase ask you to fix the conflicts.
And you realize you need to reapply the changes again on top of the master.
And you have to run the FTs again.
Worst part? Hmm.... A lot.
When you your code should be reviewed by an idiot who suppose to put lame comments/corrections for the sake to keep his position.