Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
From the creators of devRant, Pipeless lets you power real-time personalized recommendations and activity feeds using a simple APILearn More
Search - "ie"
God damn fucking Windows bullshit.
Why is the fuck does Microsoft HATE its users?
Latest updates, and no fuck Windows 11, completely BREAKS all of my WSL environments.
Home directories are gone, or the environments are corrupt and won't even run.
99% of the issues these dense shit-fucks cause are because they RaNdOmLy reboot for their dumbass updates instead of scheduling them with the end user. During these rebots, do you thing they wait for everything to shut down?
They just shut that shit down like they fucking own it. Editors? Gone. Browsers? Gone. WSL Consoles? Gone. Docker containers? Gone. IEdge? Hey, we have great news, we made IE your default browser again! BTW, your upgrade to Windows 11 is free until we force you to upgrade!
I'm so fed up with it.....so fucking tired of it...
The only reason why I even use WSL these days is to ssh into my Linux devices or run some quick dev tests in containers. Why not use PuTTY for SSH? Because it fucking SUCKS that's why.
I'm feeling so many emotions right now over bullshit that shouldn't even be happening. I'm literally at the point that I'm just going to install Linux on this device and just create a Windows VM on one of my hosts so I can still do "work" things that involve leadership.19
Tomorrow is the day I have been waiting for my entire career...
Tomorrow Microsoft stops supporting Internet Explorer! 🥳15
I get a call from a client at 7 PM:
- Client: We have a business partner that just visited the website you just made for us and he said it was absolutely terrible, things are not showing up, layout is all messed up... *sends photo*. This is a VERY important new business partner and this will affect our relationship and image. Fix it NOW!
- Me: ok? I will check ... *proceed to check on several browsers and versions*
- Me: I checked on all modern browsers, cleaned cache, tried from multiple devices, it seems to be fine. What browser is your partner visiting the site from?
- Client: Idk, let me ask ...
- Client: Internet Explorer
- Me: ... that browser is not even supported anymore wth?!
- Client: We need it fixed!
- Me: ... *proceeds and hacks for IE website until 6 AM*7
It's one job was to detect and prompt a user about not using IE on this shit for a stain website - ironically built for IE 😂
You sir, will not be missed 🥳11
this is ridiculous...
I have to use a tool that only works on IE browser. (yes, I know, sucks. Regardless...)
1. open up the IE. Navigate to https://google.com
2. google is opened in Edge instead
3. Edge insists on setting Edge as default
4. google.com loads up and insists on installing and using Chrome as default.
... I just wanted to search for stuff and instead, I got 2 offers to change my browser....8
IE is dead ?!
NOT SO FAST.
The whole singin in Visual 2022 uses... Internet explorer renderer and... doesn't work on a Windows Server 2022 because of... "Enchanced internet explorer security policy".
I'm dying inside.8
You think jQuery would finally have died after the IE era? Or that it would only be used to still pander to IE users?
Well... nope: https://w3techs.com/technologies/... says jQuery 3 has overtaken jQuery 1, which was the only version to even polyfill IE.
WTF is wrong with web devs, just WHY?! jQuery's use cases are shit that would be simpler and with less code without jQuery, shit that should be done in CSS instead, or shit that doesn't belong on websites to begin with.42
Soon we will rule these lands..
*chromium speaking in deep gandalf's voice*
Microsoft seems to get progressively worse every year. My work transitioned from google products (email, drive, chat) to Microsoft & it was a humungous step backwards. Everything crashes & doesn't save. Edge sucks. Windows 10 sucks. IE always sucked. Office 365 sucks. One drive sucks. MS Teams sucks. 😑9
In our university lab several downloading sites are blocked and they have several restrictions but I tried to download with internet explorer and my mind was blown as I was able to download most of things.
P.S - I'm not proud to use IE.
- what do you use InternetExplorer/Edge for?
- to download Firefox/Chrome
- what do you use InternetExplorer/Edge for?
- to download LinuxMint iso1
You know what, fuck this. I want a functionality that is supported on browser versions back to 2016 of the major browsers... Besides IE, where it isn't supported.
But honestly fuck IE users, they can have invisible characters. Certainly no other people above me in the management structure will be using old computers enough to lose it, or at least the head honcho should be able to overrule, as from past experience if it works on my machine and my boss' boss' machine, my boss' machine doesn't matter.1
I'm going to be making a table library (think DataTables)
So for those web dev gurus, should I render the data to a basic <table> or should I use CSS grids?
IE compatibility is not a consideration.
The table will also support grouping (pivot table) so something like rowspan will be a must11