Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
From the creators of devRant, Pipeless lets you power real-time personalized recommendations and activity feeds using a simple APILearn More
Search - "wk288"
1) Read the wiki on git. I probably have enough shorthands and test methods that you won't need much other shit to debug issues.
2) when debugging, remember that if it is there, there's a good reason why I put it there.
3) commented-out code is probably useful for maintenance. I left it there for a good reason. 😛
4) chances are whatever I wrote, was the state of the art at the time I wrote it. There might be better ways to do it now tho.
5) I always work modular. First, understand the structure. (probably also documented on wiki) DO NOT fuck up the structure. If you change it, you document it.
6) If you feel I wrote shit, it's probably because management annoyed the living shit out of me. Pun intended.
7) Your confusion is normal. I don't do dumb shit.4
First of all, condolence.
Second of all, Confluence.
Read the documentation I've written and you'll be just fine. It is detailed and organized. If you find a bug, it's most likely not a bug but a business rule that the business people have conveniently forgotten about and called a bug to shift blame to the developers.
There's a special section that includes the JIRA issues related to the logic. Yes, I'm obsessed with paper trail and I enjoyed gathering evidence. If you take a peek into these issues and find yourself screaming, "Oh my god, this is horrific! How was he able to understand all this shit?" Pull the anal bead glow-in-the-dark rosary out of your butt hole and offer a prayer for me.
You will find legitimate flaws, of course. I'm semi-human after all but don't you dare curse my name and definitely do not curse my name three times in front of a mirror in a dark room with a lit up red candle, it's weird.3
So some notification types are broken again (at least ++ notifs are not), ++ counts don't update again, search finds next to nothing, and the weekly doesn't work properly either (I saw wk288 topic once but can't find it anywhere now).
It still works better than the thing I'm currently dealing with.12
If not understanding code, read the documentation or debug the code. When trying to modify...
1. Follow proper indentation.
2. Don't make spelling mistakes and follow naming convention.
3. Don't try to write all the code in one line (based on line length set)
4. Simplify if else statements if possible.
5. If value of method call need to be used once, don't store it in a variable. Directly use where ever it is needed.
6. If there is duplicated code, put it in separate method and re-use it if possible.1
Mad how Zuck can instantly stop everyone talking about all the creepy, weird shit by simply renaming the internet. Prince Andrew missed a trick there.2
Never left any, but I'd probably write something like "Why are you even a programmer? Stop before you fuck up yourself, do whatever other job"