AboutJava and iOS Developer. Also learning JS.
Joined devRant on 5/9/2016
Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
Here's some useful git tricks. Use with care and remember to be careful to only rewrite history when noones looking.
- git rebase: powerful history rewriting. Combine commits, delete commits, reorder commits, etc.
- git reflog: unfuck yourself. Move back to where you were even if where you were was destroyed by rebasing or deleting. Git never deletes commits that you've seen within at least the last 50 HEAD changes, and not at all until a GC happens, so you can save yourself quite often.
- git cherry-pick: steal a commit into another branch. Useful for pulling things out of larger changesets.
- git worktree: checkout a different branch into a different folder using the same git repository.
- git fetch: get latest commits and origin HEADs without impacting local braches.
- git push --force-with-lease: force push without overwriting other's changes6
Why is vertically centering a div still so stinkin hard?
Yeah yeah ik what you will tell me, "use flexbox".
Well guess what,. I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FOR THE PAST 6 FUCKING HOURS!
I've gone as far as to copy code from 20+ different websites advertising working solutions. My tab bar looks like the fucking rockey mountains!
My main problem is that flexbox on chrome is not accepting ANY % values.
Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go kill myself. YAY! 🤗29