Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
Get a devDuck
Rubber duck debugging has never been so cute! Get your favorite coding language devDuckBuy Now
Search - "firefox is awesome"
Not sure what Linux Desktop to use? Use this handy guide:
- GNOME: when you want no tray icons, themes that break every minor GTK release, and extensions for basic features (that are buggy.)
- KDE: pretty go-Segmentation Fault
- DWM/Awesome/i3/etc.: when you feel like the time you spent learning Vim wasn't wasteful enough
- XFCE: when you want one update per decade and poor Systemd support.
- LXQt: the biggest positive is that it doesn't use GTK.
- Cinnamon: when you like GNOME 3 but you want a different menu
- Deepin: when you want a desktop with the build quality of an HP laptop.
Aren't sure whether to use Xorg or Wayland?
- Xorg: if you want to absurdly fuck up your touchscreen, pick this one.
- Wayland: if you want to screw up most of your apps, too bad; this won't work with your proprietary drivers. If only it did.
What distro to use?
- Ubuntu: if you want to break your system with PPAs, check out this one.
- Debian: when you want Ubuntu except with more out of date packages
- Redhat: when you want Debian except with more out of date packages
- ElementaryOS: wait, someone actually made a properly designed Linux UI?
- Arch Linux: the only thing that doesn't make me sick anymore.
- Slackware: "that exists still really?"
- Gentoo: when you hate systemd more than waiting 4 days to compile Firefox on every release.
... I love Linux. I do. But it is very taxing to get things comfortable for me anymore. I feel like the Linux Desktop is in a period of flux and it's painful to be a part of right now.24
Trying out Firefox running native on wayland. And i must say im fucking impressed.
Like really impressed ffs.
3 months or so back it was laggy and just buggy. this is smooth at just awesome to use. Impressive.
Sure there is work needed ofcourse but dammit WOW.1
Hmmmm its almost new year im having finally holiday from school and all that stuff but still working on ROMs but well another story and i dont have a thing to rant about which i think is kinda good but sad at the same time.
So all i wanted to say to you guys that 2017 was an amazing year full of learning new stuff and trying, meeting some cool people.
I have done a lot of work this year.
Created a sort algo which well was already created but i didnt know that sadly.
Working on encryption algo (Still)
And lot more but thats not what the rant is about.
It was as i said above an amazing year and im sure we had a loooooooot of fun at devRant.
Some big changes happened this year at devRant mostly the web UI and livestream which was totally amazing.
Also a lot of thing happened here looooot of awesome things and i finally updated my fucking firefox extension for 57 standard (Yeah i was late on that one).
I surely would have said more but nothing comes up in my mind now only some quantum mechanics stuff but well thats not what the rant is about neither.
So Happy New Year to all of you guys and let the 2018 be more awesome then 2017;5
Firefox is getting better and better!
There are even some nice new features like the screenshot tool (in 58 available for the private mode, too!) that are really exciting.
I am looking forward that Firefox could maybe become again what it was back then! It's so cool!6
This extension is awesome. You can have dark theme on every website. Although sometimes it fucks up the website layout a bit.
Ranting in my winphone8.1 via web app and it is awesome!
Simply change the user agent to Firefox or chrome desktop and then go to
Login, and enjoy!1