Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
From the creators of devRant, Pipeless lets you power real-time personalized recommendations and activity feeds using a simple APILearn More
Search - "jasper"
Setup a pi to be functioning as vpn server and pihole tonight.
Now working on a Jasper voice assistant on another pi, because I can choose for offline speech processing and don't have to use a mass surveillance network for this (google).
Today is a good day.19
What is the best project you've done with a Raspberry Pi? Got my model 3 a month ago and was thinking of turning it into Jasper. However I'd like to consider more options before starting it.
Thanks in advance12
Do you use personal assistants for home automation? If yes, what's your setup?
I'm thinking about setting up a RPi/similar with Jasper and bundling it up with Home Assistant, however, I'm not sure about the audio hardware yet.3
First job starts in June, so I guess my first rant is that I don't have much to rant about (yet). Time to lurk .-.
P.S: Google why 4 notifications for new device sign-ins :[
Got this software engineering job set up once I graduate, honestly I think I was lucky, but on to the rant. I'm realizing that I didn't study core CS knowledge 1/2 as much as I should have (c++based). I need this core knowledge for my job, so how can I best prepare with the remaining months? Friends said to just code something, but I have no idea what I would make.
I don't want to be the new guy that just had a nice resume and good extracurriculars, I want to get interested in code! I want to love this field, but have no clue where to start or get the motivation. I want to swap my video game hours with useful ones. Thanks fellow devs.2
After JS, have to do some Jasper. Without having touched Jasper at all.
Looks like I'm gonna ask my tutors a lot of help
* Automated Technical and Fundamental Expert Advisor trading in MT4 with Python dealing with RSS News Feed on the Financial Calendar
* Food decision/recommender/randomizer app
* Food decision/recommender/randomizer bot
* Personal Companion set up on Raspberry Pi with Jasper AI, buy BrickPi and Lego Mindstorm to make it a friendly moving robot
* Cardboard fort for my kid
* A 3D game that involves hacking with drama storyline (inspired from Mr. Robot) and publish it on Steam
* A SaaS app like Tinder that matches would-be Project Managers with Devs to push Devs to finish side projects that we have and push Project Managers to use whatever PM techniques and methodology (Six Sigma perhaps)
And so much more... Ughh.