SkillsJava , Android ,js, node
LocationSomewhere in planet Earth
Joined devRant on 8/2/2018
Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
From the creators of devRant, Pipeless lets you power real-time personalized recommendations and activity feeds using a simple APILearn More
I am just sick of the things that's been going on.
Joined a mid level startup as full Stack developer working on angular and node js . Code base is too shit and application is full of bugs(100+ tickets are being raised for bugs)
Since the product owner(PO) wants to demo the application he is pushing for bug fixes.
1. Application is not handled for responsiveness all these years, it is now being trying to address. Code base is very huge to address though .
2. The common reusable components of UI has business logic inside. Any small change in business logic we are forced to handle in common components which might break up on another components.
3. Styling in 40+ components are made global. Small css change in component A is breaking up in component B due to this
4. No time to refactor.
5. Application not at all tested properly all these years. PO wants a stable build.
6. More importantly most of developers have already left the company and we are left with 2 developers including me.
I am not in a position to switch due to other commitments adds up a lot to frustration11
What is more disaster
Than manager thinking to assign a production deployment to non technical person.1
Update on the previous rant(regarding office laptop stolen):
Company says there might be some deductions in salary. Trying to negotiate with them .
Would like to hear What's your company policy on stolen laptop?5
Was busy today doing some house work. Everything was normal till afternoon.
Me thinking of using laptop noticed that there was no laptop
My office laptop and another bag was stolen from my home .
It had most of the production details and source code. Running behind police for help now.
Informed my boss too about this incident.
Will update on what happens tomorrow in office.
Fuck that person who stole my office laptop and destroyed my Peace.8
Google ditches desserts as Q becomes Android 10
desserts name sounds good to hear rather than Android 10, 11,12 ...12
Just when I am about to watch TV series , wifi is down.
Mobile data barely connecting.
Feels like I am all alone in a isolated island.
Got informed that there is a bug in production that needs to be addressed on top priority.
Me opens Android studio to check.
Android studio: chill bro2
we(Friends) discovered this yesterday.
1. created a file.js and added a console.
2. renamed the file.js to file.java
3. ran that file.java through node
result: displayed in that image.
js how many hidden surprises you have for me. it was even running in .txt, .php etc
Okay let's come to actual point .
I tried to research on this. however, i couldn't find any links related to it.
Well, I tried the same with casperjs and python.It behaved the same.
is this behaviour because it is a scripting language?
Please do share your thoughts on this16
It's really frustrating and confusing when switching the context from Java to js and vice versa.4
Accidentally upvoted a post in devrant while opening an image.
Score was 0 before upvoting and it became 1.
So thought of reversing it back and down voted the same post. Now the score is -1
Wondering it's a bug or feature🤔🤔9