Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
From the creators of devRant, Pipeless lets you power real-time personalized recommendations and activity feeds using a simple APILearn More
Search - "windows11"
Hey, Microsoft! I refuse to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars to upgrade all 4 of the systems in my house running Windows 10 just to get a new coat of paint and features I WILL NEVER USE.
- Start menu in center. Who cares?
- New snap assistant controls. I don't use the old ones
- New Microsoft Store. I don't use the old one
- Widgets and Teams on the taskbar. I don't use Teams and I hate widgets. Waste of CPU and screen space.
- One big update a year. Great. Now you will add even more bugs and break more things with each update
- Rounded corners. Oh, please. Afraid we are going to cut ourselves on the square one or have you hired a Pierson's Puppeteer as a design specialist?
- Virtual desktops. Which I hardly use but, hey, you've finally gotten around to catching up to Linux and OSX and now allow different wallpapers!
For the love of all that is digital, can you please just make a fucking operating system and make all of the frills optional?17