Joined devRant on 5/13/2016
Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
From the creators of devRant, Pipeless lets you power real-time personalized recommendations and activity feeds using a simple APILearn More
When you want to resign to your full time job but you are having difficulty on making decision.
Reasons to resign:
1. They are giving tasks that are not related to web development such as data entry.
2. I can't see a good future ahead on this company. It feels like it doesn't have a goal to grow. The boss is not focusing on this line and instead she is focusing on her other businesses. The boss also has admitted that she can only give 20% of her time. We don't have new projects and challenging tasks.
3. 4 months have been passed and still we haven't receive the yearly salary increase. It should be effected on February.
Reasons to stay:
1. No salary deduction if you are late or didn't complete 9 hours / day. Sometimes I just work for 7 or 8 hours a day.
2. Office is just 30 mins away from my house.
3. When I don't have a task, I usually do my freelance project at the office secretly. So even though there are no challenging tasks at the office, my freelance project helps a lot.
4. You can play games with your friends when you feel exhausted or you don't have assigned tasks.
I recently received an offer from my remote part-time job to work full time 8-10 hours a day and the salary is twice higher compare to current one.7
When your boss removed you from the team because he found a better developer that can deliver a task faster than you. Then after a week, he asked you for help and if you want to work for him again because the developer that he replaced to your position can't solve their problem.8
When your boss wants to use a WordPress plugin (online reservation system) but ended up customizing (client's requirements) it because of its limitation and wants you to finish it for a week because the client need it ASAP but adding those features will take a month to implement.2
When your boss turn on the auto-update for WordPress and then one day he is complaining about the White Screen Of Death of the website.2
When your boss was suggested to re-develop a website for the reason that it's much faster to fix an errors on the codes.1
When something unexpectedly not working on the website and your boss told you to ask a help from the host company (GoDaddy) to fix the issue in the codes.3