Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
From the creators of devRant, Pipeless lets you power real-time personalized recommendations and activity feeds using a simple APILearn More
Search - "pnpm"
Thought to let you folks know who doesn't know about `pnpm`.
• no duplication of libraries. Second time the libs will be symlinked
• you can alias a library and it's separate versions.
• blazing fast.
• almost feels like python's package manager.4
I'm really frustrated by the size of node_modules folder that gets created every time for every project. So, I've been looking for some time-space saving solutions. And I found PNPM ( https://pnpm.js.org/ ) , Yarn ( https://yarnpkg.com/ ) and Pkglink ( https://github.com/jeffbski/pkglink ). But I'm not sure which is better to serve my purpose.
Things I'm looking forward to solving:
1. I don't want to re-download the same packages over and over again
2. I don't want the same packages to be in multiple projects and eat up space
3. I want a stable, fast and disk space saving solution
Looking for experts advice.7
I wish i had know about pnpm earlier. Would have prevented the gazillion of node module folders spread across my projects