Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
Get a devDuck
Rubber duck debugging has never been so cute! Get your favorite coding language devDuckBuy Now
Search - "2019 goals"
So I says to the wife, I says, “When you go to Costco tomorrow, I need a new Oral B electric toothbrush. My old one’s battery is no longer able to hold a charge.” I’m picturing her coming back with one that’s pretty similar to the one I had. You turn it on, you brush your teeth, you turn it off.
She comes back with the Oral B Pro 6000. Go on. Look it up. I’ll wait.
So this thing has about 6 modes and Bluetooth that connects you to an app that not only keeps track of how often you brush, but tracks your performance and gives you trophies if you do well at specific tasks and techniques. And there’s a coach to take you on an “oral health journey” depending on your particular goals. There’s even a mount you can buy to attach your phone to your mirror so the app can watch how you brush and give you pointers. I don’t have the mount so I got an 85% on performance because who can hold a phone pointed perfectly at your face while brushing? The final report had what might be the app dev’s attempt at a pun.
It’s 2019 and everyone is judging you. Why not your toothbrush as well?24
1. Learn python
2. Start a project and see it through
1. Learn how to initialize variables in python
2. Make plans for 20193
Honestly I finished a ton of personal projects this year and got promoted at work. I’m not going to set goals for 2019, just going to keep doing whatever I’m doing now and enjoy it :)1
Goals for 2019
- get a Raspberry Pi
- Land a job in development
- get my driver's license
- buy a car
- learn a new language (any suggestions?)
- rant more on DevRant
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE 🎇🎉11
* Learn GoLang
* Automate backup on all my servers
* Finish small projects
* Begin on a bigger GoLang project9
- finish my masters
- improve my code quality
- build at least 3 personal projects
- learn 2 new technologies
- find better clients or a good job1
Goals For 2019:
- Lose 15~20 Kg on weight
- Learn some NodeJS, react and react native.
- Create a decent Portfolio
- Plan for my own project
- Wait for my new unborn yet baby6
• Learn new things!
• Continue my programming projects (mostly C#), and eventually publish them!
• Create more programming side-projects!
• Create more music, of various genres, and finish unfinished tracks! (I love music 💙)
• Buy a violin, or another instrument! (I already play harpsichord and piano, and I love them both)
• Buy a new PC setup! (maybe?)
• Get a driver's license!
• Create more music sheets!
• Create more custom maps, on rhythm games! (like osu! or Cytus / Cytunity)
• Make new friends, and meet with my older ones more!
• Go to places, new and old!
• Open myself more to others! (I'm kinda shy)
• Do my university's exams, properly!
• Do my conservatory's exams, also properly!
• Try drawing!
• Try all sorts of new things!
• Get a cat into the family! (I love cats, but I never got one because I don't know how to raise them, yet)
• Be more confident about myself!
And... yeah, I guess that's it :D
What about you?
Have a happy 2019, everyone! 💙2
Just graduated university and got a high paying internship (well, high paying to someone whos never been paid) in my field of chemical engineering, feeling quite lucky
Cant wait to upgrade my PC, it was a beast when I built it in 2012 but nowadays running chrome and android studio is enough to make it commit suicide
Goals for 2019:
Publish my first android app
Learn web development
Become an AWS guru
Not spend all my income on PC parts
Ive watched a bunch of web development crashcourses/trends and (comming from desktop appplication development) omfg what a nightmare mess of confusing stuff but alas i shall prevail or die trying7
Cure all my sicknesses
Push my income up to five digits/mo
Travel abroad for the first time in my life4
Goals for 2019
- Land an internship at either of the companies I'm in the final stages of interview for.
- Nail my exams.
- Publish an application to the app store.
- Buy an RTX 2080ti.
- Start a blog.
(Dev-ish goals I guess)
Launch my app in Play store
Build more projects
Make work fun for client
Learn learn and learn....
So here are my goals for 2019 in no particular order:
-contribute to open source
-switching from intellij to vscode
-finish side projects
-live a healthier lifestyle (less meat, quality food)
-do some hacking challenges
-learn proper linux system administration6
1. Get that senior-appropriate raise
2. Build a real ML project
3. Learn web assembly and get to the next level in web dev
Rewrite my entire side-project from scratch using Kotlin and AndroidX. While doing so I want to learn about state of the art encryption and key derivation functions (especially Argon2).
Oh yeah, and finish my PhD...
Actually get out of my shit job, and move into IT.
Also fix my left constantly dislocating shoulder before I lose it.
And the obvious, learn more ...1
Goals for 2019:
-Try not to get fired for writing trash code
-Get a new job (maybe :/)
-Work on my own project that hopefully takes off
In 2019, I wish to contribute to more open source projects, pick up C++ and create more projects of my own which hopefully leads to a successful startup.
Dev goals for 2019:
At least one substantial tech blog post per month (no rain-checks allowed)
Do whatever it takes to have Elixir as the focus of my day job instead of .Net
Goals for 2019:
Finally get my CS degree.
Find a job.
Complete at least one of my side projects.
Travel with my gf at least once.
Start a master degree in CS if job allows me.
Get a little closer with my family and friends.