Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
Get a devDuck
Rubber duck debugging has never been so cute! Get your favorite coding language devDuckBuy Now
Search - "2019"
If you start your npm install script at exactly 11:52:04 on New Year's eve, it will finish at exactly midnight.
Start off your 2019 right.11
Fellow front end coworker got asked via email today to "capitalize the '2019' in the headline".
Still laughing over this.15
"I put in a request last week, why isn't this done yet?! It's an emergency!"
Look up number... Created early 2015. Need by date, late 2019.
Mothertrucker, get yo shit straight. I've been on the phone since 7, I don't have time for these games. How does 2.5 years pass and you say it's been a week?!
....and there goes my phone again3
1. Learn python
2. Start a project and see it through
1. Learn how to initialize variables in python
2. Make plans for 20193
What's the size of the devRant family currently at? And what's your hopeful projects for 2019? @dfox45
My dev goal for 2018 is to gain more knowledge and experience so I can have better dev goals for 2019.3
So Patanjali(aka Ramdev Baba trying to sell you even a fucking underwear as ayurvedic and locally made) released their chat application "Kimbho" and was taken down within 24 hours because of major security flaws.
Some obvious ironies I would like to point out here.
1. Coming up with a chat application with gaping security flaws at this stage when privacy related discussions are happening at every nook and corner, worst move ever.
2. There are elections in 2019 and 1 year would be the right amount of time to gather data on public and start targetting and influencing people. It shouldn't be so obvious and everyone knows which political party Patanjali leans towards.
3. You are promoting an app citing Make In India initiative. You are the biggest Indian based FMCG operating in India, courtesy exploiting nationalist sentiments. Whatever you aim of doing, at least invest a decent amount of money in hiring good developers and designers. If not anything get a content writer who will write you an original description of your app for as low as ₹1000.
4. Promoting a competitor of whatsapp on whatsapp is a brilliant move. Give that marketting fellow a big raise.
5. Replacing the phone icon with a shankh is not innovation. Also, everyone knows about spam farms in Bangladesh and many places in India. So boasting about 1.5 lakh downloads in less than an hour only speaks more about your ignorance and lack of technical knowledge.
6. If you really are promoting "swadeshi app", why are you offering logging in through facebook? I mean even a blind person can clearly see your agenda here.
7. Hike is a messaging app made in India and they are here since long and still it are nowhere near the usage of whatsapp. Selling shit in the name of Make in India is not cool and its high time Patanjali realises this. But then again, it is their only marketting strategy because how else can you sell something as gross as cow urine and that too people buying it voluntarily.
8. If this stunt was carried out to be in the news, well played. You are getting a good amount of publicity, but this time a bad publicity will do more harm than good. People are calling out your bluff and you will get to see the results.
Mr. Baba Ramdev, fraud karo, itna blatant mat karo. India ki public sentimental hai chutiya nahi.7
I swear I almost had a nervous breakdown today.
Advisor at college has told me I won't be graduating until Feb 2019, I'll be 29 with a degree in IT and my minor in software engineering. I feel like I'm just playing catch up to the younger crowd who got there sooner.
On top of that all the entry level programming jobs I applied to have rejected me on the basis of not having my degree yet. They're impressed with my work but they want me out of school. I have to wait it out until I'm closer to graduating.
On good days when I code Java web applets love what I do and I wouldn't have it different, but on days like today I feel like shit and wonder if my degree was worth it, especially when I factor in that my degree only went up to pre-calc on the math end. (I'm thinking of majoring in a masters in CS as a way to makeup, maybe)
I'm frustrated and I feel the same kind of loneliness when I graduated HS. I know there's a light at the end but some days it's just hell.
I'm sure a lot of you have gone through this. Any ideas to destress?6
It's here, commercial use of Java after January 2019. On the other hand .NET Core is free. Funny how tables have turned. https://java.com/en/download/...10
Apple 2018: we integrated uikit with Mac apps so now it will be way much easier to program for mac
Me: OMG THIS IS AMAIZING
Apple: all of these apps are now running on Mac with uikit
Apple: this will be available to you developers in 2019 : )
Me: BICH WHAT THE FUCK?!2
So I'm trying to check in on a flight via Wizz Air. The passport expiry requires you to use the calendar they have, doesn't accept input. Unfortunately it locks itself into 2019 regardless of what I do.
Gf sees me open the console and set the content myself. "What the fuck that is so illegal you bad boy. Oh my god that's fucking amazing!!1!1!".
Don't know if I should tell her what I did and how anything in a browser par trying to read Google Play Stores review info with a web crawler isn't all that difficult (fuck that frustrated me, gave up on that in the end.. their ToS don't allow it anyway..)
Ah well. Guess I'm a Hacker to somebody in the world now...
Watched Blade Runner 2 this afternoon and now watching one.
Apparently we are supposed have flying cars in 2019... But now that got pushed to 2048
The special effects and car got an upgrade though...
Wonder what it will be like in 2048...2
"Your connection is not secure". It is too! The certificate is valid to 2019, and in Chrome it's no problem. Stupid Firefox!3
I just discover a new way to achieve infinite loop today: https://github.com/necolas/...
I can't wait for 2019 and react-native-web-mobilr1
Realizing mid knowledge transfer session how bad I currently am at public speaking...
I guess I'll add another goal for 2019.
So my government is proposing a new National ID scheme. This will be used to identify s citizen as well as keep track of property, taxes etc.
Parliament just started the debate on how it would work today. It’s set to be implemented by December 2019. My government tends not think things through so as to prevent s disaster like what’s happening in the Netherlands as per @linuxxx musings, I’m trying to gather insight from the industry to compose a document of considerations then getting a law firm to draft the laws it would need to compliment it13