Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
Get a devDuck
Rubber duck debugging has never been so cute! Get your favorite coding language devDuckBuy Now
Search - "mcp"
*packing for a school-hosted graduation celebration with friends*
let's see, first rule of packing for a trip, count on every slim chance happening...
List of things now in backpack:
3 changes of clothes (1-night trip for an all night party in <100-MILE-AWAY MAJOR CITY>)
3x 4-port USB Hubs
10-port power strip (not fully in bag, but mostly so.)
Extra pair of shoes
3.5" external floppy drive
First aid kit
precision driver set
pliers (1x farmer's, 1x bent needlenose)
empty laptop HDD (250GB)
magnet in Altoids tin (can't have it trashing the HDD!)
VGA to RGB (Composite ends) adapter
Composite/S-VIDEO USB capture card
Portable USB chargers (1x 30k mAh 2-port, 1x superslim 3k mAh 1-port)
Enough phone chargers to replace all chargers within 30 miles
2x 16GB thumbdrives
Boot disc set
School IDs (for bag's ID slot)
3 pairs of decent earbuds (no el cheapo $1 ones because they break trying to get them out of the package)
Serial to USB adapter
Magnesium fire striker
Plenty of pens and pencils
Emergency radio locator beacon
Emergency cellular locator beacon
SD/eMMC/CF/TF/MCP(D) USB reader
external HDD reader (2.5" IDE/3.5" IDE/SATA, external power)
am i missing anything?12
- Think YOU'VE got a personality complex? I'm a software engineer who majored in marketing.
- Think YOU'VE got a phobia about failing? I wrote a book on developing for Google Glass. And tech edited another on Hailstorm.
- Think YOU'VE got self-confidence issues? I had a run of 7 straight rejections by companies in the Fortune 500.
- Think YOU'VE got reservations about flexing your certifications? I held a MCP in FrontPage.
- Think YOU'VE got paranoia about your degree? My MBA's from the University of Phoenix.
- Think YOU'RE a glutton for punishment? I - Think Android Content Providers are a good idea.
- Think YOU'VE got a confusing skill set? A hiring manager told me I was "too passionate about technology to work here at Microsoft".
- Think YOU'VE got issues with intellectual property? I was given a cease-&-desist order for the first domain I registered.
- Think YOU'VE got false bravado? I had over 400,000 followers on Google+.
While all of these are hilarious quips and great social ice breakers, they're all 100% true. Enjoy your day. ;)16
Description for people with no data volume: Image of MCP from tron saying "fuck users"
In today's episode of "how i got almost to the point of insanity for hours and the sudden realization and relief"
When you have ssh error saying your private key is an invalid format in your CI, you probably just missed an EOL.
MCP says EOL.
That is the realization i made after half a day wasting on debugging this.4
!rant Just letting it out !
From my childhood days I never used to make it a habit to remember our house address as we used to change it often.
My father was the eldest in our family and he took care of his siblings. One younger brother got a nice job and was financially sound to own a house, and we were still a joint family for some time. After a year or so my father was insulted and he moved out in a fit of rage and for ~20 years we have hopped around from one place to another.
This week I will be moving in to my new house along with my parents. Hope I will remember this address forever.
I don't wanna get bored self studying and learning. Looking for a companion.
Anyone is planning on learning React.js? Or learning algorithms and data structures using any language?
Let's start together at the moment.