Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
Awhile ago I said I'm getting Acer Swift 3. I did. But I don't have it yet.
Why? Because I asked for RAM upgrade. (4GB original)
2 things to rant.
1) Acer is giving a free 4GB RAM as gift which the shop didn't mention when I bought the laptop and extra RAM. So when I get it, I'll have an extra 4GB RAM.
2) I bought it on Tuesday. The shop said they will need to send the laptop to Acer service center for RAM upgrade and expect to get it on Wednesday. I called yesterday, it's still not done.
Let's see if I will get it today.2
Became 30 yesterday.
If I were to die by 60, I'm at the halfway point.
If I were to die by 50, I have spent about two thirds of my life.
If I were to die by 40, well only left a decade left.
Sitting beside a road at 22:00 because you are afraid to go back nor meet with anyone nor do anything.
Things are not very well.3
Decided on Acer Swift 3. Will be getting it soon. 14", i5-8250U, Nvidia MX150 2GB, 4GB DDR4, SSD 256GB. Added another 4GB. Final at $642.
Frankly speaking I am more of an ASUS fan. My potato used to be an apple in good old days and lasting for almost a decade is something I am very proud of it. I will still be using it as a backup PC at my home.
First ever laptop was an Acer and it was ok but didn't have fond memories since it didn't even last for 4 years 😐 Hope Acer has improved their quality in this 9/10 years time. 🤞4
Acer Swift 3 Vs Dell Vostro 5881 ?
Any comments or recommendation?
Have any of you have any experience?9
So I have attended AWS tech bootcamp yesterday and today.
One thing I notice is everyone either have Mac laptop or other laptops with Win10.
I'm probably the only one with Linux distro. 🤔
I feel special and at the same time, lonely.8
Fuckkk. I was living under a rock.
When did developers start charging for wysiwyg editor libraries?
What's your interesting and useful web dev blog that you have subscribed?
I don't like news blog. Prefer an individual developer's or a company's blog where they share their experience, tips, random stuff etc.6
Do you think Linux distros will be used less in future because of M$ and Android OS improvements?
RESTful API Question
Let's say when a user do an action, I need to insert a record into a table and then update a record in different table.
Should I write two API routes (PUT, POST) or one route (POST) ?18
Got official announcement that power will be cut off and given in schedule. For many weeks.
Fuck, we are all just adult toodlers pretending to run businesses as a game. Right? So yeah, just fuck us.3
- ok so I said I had to touch little bit of nodejs. It's a messenger like chatroom. Users data and the rest are stored in mysql. Chat messages are stored in mongodb. Found a funny issue. (Funny as in annoying that you just bang your head with your head while laughing funny) one mysql query in the node app is giving different order by result when you run it. I thought it was async issue. Turn out it's not. Said query works fine when running on phpmyadmin and the likes.
- I watched end game yesterday. And I'm sad. It's an end of an era. But also hopeful for various possibilities Marvel can do for future films.
- have you ever had such a great sex that afterwards she got serious headache and had to vomit?15
Hope you all are surviving well
Few changes here and there in my life and staying away from lots of things including DR. Not technically a rant but kinda a summary of my current life story.
- broke up with gf (to be precise, I dumped her because I don't wanna have a RS anymore). Pretty bad thing for her and she is still having a hard time accepting it.
- took a second job, part-time.
- trying to get few more part-time/consultant kind of jobs.
- step down from CEO/CTO position at my business and trying to focus just to be a better CTO.
- 80% of sale teams resigned or asked them to resign.
- found a new investor but no cash received yet.
- have to touch nodejs (at the part-time job).
- left side eyelid is twitching pretty frequently lately.
Not much. That's about it. Now let me check what the heck are you all up to lately.29
Want to add parallax effect to whole website (yes I also don't understand) after everything is done and final.
After they have moved up the launch date.
After they have asked me to also do the data entry not only the development.
After I specifically asked for ssh access, PHP7+ server and then they asked me to deploy it to their shared hosting through cpanel.
Question for Web Server Gurus and Security Ninjas.
How to prevent bots, crawlers, spammers sending various numerous requests to your web servers?
There have been numerous requests to routes like /admin /ssh /phpmyadmin etc etc and all kinds of stuff to the web server.
Is there a way to automatically block those stupid IPs :/12
Firefox's Responsive Design Mode is shitty. After 2,3 refreshes, it just stops loading new changes. And hang like a drug overdosed whore who got continuous gang bang.
It just stops.
I have to turn it off and on again to be able to use it.5
Estimating development duration.
Whatever number that first came up on your mind... multiply it with 2.5.1
I'm shit tired of dealing with people. Especially on online. I wish I can live a life without internet.8
cursee@potato-2: sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade
[sudo] password for cursed: ********
Hello asterisk, it's about time we acquittance. 😆3
I forgot the rant owner but there was a rant about annoying border alignment of windows calculator app.
Good news for you. Windows made it open source now. 🕺2
A uni kicked out here, enough said :3
// I don't wanna share my great achievement and wisdom in the official weekly topic thread 😆
`alias pull="find . -name .git -print -execdir git pull \;"`
A while ago, I found someone asking about personal favorite aliases. I cannot find it now.
I am not a huge terminal user so I don't really care about keeping aliases until now.
It became annoying to `git pull` before doing anything when you are using two different machines regularly and there are always about a dozen active repos.2
Is it just me or do you guys also have that itchy annoying feeling of wanting to copy certain text on devRant mobile app? 😕
It's like you have that medium level itchiness between your butt just outside your butthole. But you can't do anything because you are in the middle of an interview. That kinda feeling. 😵3
Discussion Question for Web Devs and Server Admins.
Should we use unicode (Non-English/Latin) text in URL?
Eg: unicode blog title converted to use as permalink17