Aboutwhat are you looking at? go away!
LocationYour mom bathroom
Joined devRant on 7/2/2018
Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
2019 resolutions/goals recap: (non-personal ones)
1) Improve diet (did; e.g. ramen and fast food to clean keto)
2) Lose weight (did; lost 24 pounds!)
3) Find a good job (did, twice)
4) Buy a harp (did not; large and expensive, no place to put it, and I have small children who would absolutely break it)
5) Keep house clean, even if it's by myself (did, somewhat; I cleaned some, managed to get one other person to clean semi-regularly, and another sporadically)
6) Work on social awkwardness (did; read and applied Dale Carnegie's The Art of Public Speaking, which netted me my last job offer. Still pretty awkward though)
7) Move out of the desert (did not; not enough money, and job didn't allow remote work)
8) Stop bloody waiting on people (did not; still very guilty of this...)
I don't remember the rest 🙁 didn't write them down last year. But I still accomplished 5 out of the 8 I remembered, with one being a pass, so 5/7!
1) Finally move out of the desert
2) Invest 20% of my income every month
3) Reduce bills by 20%
4) Solve/address some health issues
5) Make a schedule so things regularly get done around the house, e.g. cleaning
6) Find some friends and make time for them
7) Replace Debian with something else
8) Revamp my backup system
9) Be proactive and stop waiting on people
10) Build a (stationary) coil gun for fun20
Whenever something goes mainstream and becomes buzzword there are annoying consequences of it.
First, it’s harder to find anything meaningful about the topic.
Second, suddenly everyone is an expert and web search starts to show not related products like promo codes, stupid videos, tutorials for dumb.
Third, old content that was interesting is lost under pile of shit or gets deleted.
I feel like I’m living in middle ages and before I try to watch something interesting it’s deleted by Spanish inquisition and replaced by some crap.
Most of expert content I have in favorites is returning 404 and youtube videos are deleted or private so from some time I started to backup all content I read or watch and find interesting in public networks.
Fortunately I have couple of terabytes of storage to backup interesting topics but I’m not happy that I’m back to times when I was saving internet page to floppy disk to show it to my friend later.
What a fucking nightmare.3
Testing a raspberry pi 4 as a computer driving our 4k dashboards' screen. Temperatures are constantly 80-90C.
Me: STEP ASIDE! MAKE WAY FOR A HOTFIX!
Rpi: aaahhh, 42C -- now we're talkin!8
a random talk with a group of friends (back in the 90s)
A very close friend: How can I print a document horizontally? I tried to put the sheet well, but it wrinkles.
To this day, all my friends and I laugh every time we remember that
I guess that is bound to happen when working in an open space.
People at my team love playing music from the computer speakers and talk loud. I moved to another corner of the office where people are not playing music aloud and talking less passionately :)
I bought noise canceling headphone, but i figured i don't like to put them on for a long time.1
Me: I have terrible life, terrible job and I will kill my boss.
Someone: just think positive.
Me: oh thanks4
>drop out of uni studying civil engineering
>"self-taught" "web programmer"
>start freelancing in 2010
>Make money, feels good man
>clients keep me busy, feel important
>Code just for the fun of it
>be 2019. Married, code to make ends meet
>lose all interest
>mere sight of the ide makes me want to bash the screen
>have zero motivation
>never get any projects done
>become broke af
>look at old friends on fb. They are "Something".
>look at real software engineers and programmers with education
>realize I am an imposter
>start dropping all projects and studying theory
>become more broke
>start taking "motivation pills" to just start working again
>lose all motivation and pissed at all the real programmers and engineers for their success
>be me on May 20, 2019 at 2:56 AM
Yep, this is the end.29
Yay, I got my RTL-SDR, receiving ADS-B and WFM radio and ATC is easy, any ideas what I should try next? (please, only suggest what the antennae in the kit can handle, I'm not planning on making any diy antennae soon)10
A coarse implementation on Google’s Thanos effect (mobile version) on codepen with raw css and js.
😈 what do you guys think?
The desktop one seem use a html2canvas package, which isn’t something I really interested.5