Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
Get a devDuck
Rubber duck debugging has never been so cute! Get your favorite coding language devDuckBuy Now
Search - "momentjs"
List of shit my superior said and wrote in the project:
1. Prefer to write "pure" SQL statement rather than ORM to handle basic CRUD ops.
2. Mixing frontend and backend data transformation.
3. Dump validation, data transformation, DB update in one fucking single function.
4. Calculate the datetime manually instead of using library like momentjs or Carbon.
5. No version control until I requested it. Even with vcs, I still have to fucking FTP into the staging and upload file one by one because they don't use SSH (wtf you tell me you don't know basic unix command?)
6. Don't care about efficiency, just loop through thousands of record for every columns in the table. An O(n) ops becomes O(n * m)
7. 6MB for loading a fucking webpage are you kidding me?
Now you telling me you want to make it into AJAX so it'll response faster? #kthxbye2
jQuery. jQuery everywhere.
People's dependency on this library would be like everybody carrying a tool chest with them, even for basic jobs like re-arranging a stack of books or collecting leaves in the yard. Cmon y'all, JS does a lot of this out of the box without the bloated library.
But then again, I'm addicted to MOMENTJS, so I should probably shut up now. 😆😄😬5
Can we have a Moment of silence please
I only found this library a couple of months ago and instantly loved it as it made working with JS date so much easier.
Sorry for the pun btw, i couldn’t resist 😂7
I just noticed that MomentJS discourages the use of its own library in the docs homepage.
I think it must have been hard, so honor to them1
Moment.js, because without it, formatting and converting JS Date objects to other timezones is a bitch
There are mortals, then there are legends, and then there are people who import moment.js, and then manipulate dates with bare strings.
I backed this Kickstarter project for a programmable E-ink display called "Displio". The documentation is about 40 lines and is basically just a list of globals without any explanation followed by a link to MomentJS docs. worst of all you have to modify the page with an inspector to see it all.